#23 David Myers Retyers

Run along child.

Dodoro?

Whats hard to deal with, is the bloke we should of drafted has played in 4 winning Grand Finals and retired

1 Like

Full pre-season, elevated to the leadership group, in the guts all game and dishes up 12 disposals (only 5 contested) at 58% efficiency for a measly 198 meters gained.

All the while having zero influence in negating the GWS mids.

Yes, he’s not the only one who had a poor night. But he’s meant to be setting the standard, not holding us back.

I’d expect the coaches to back him in to bounce back next week… but if he doesn’t, they’d wanna be prepared to make the tough call on this bloke.

3 Likes

Only played 68% game time. That’s basically wasting a spot imo

1 Like

je spent the first 10 minutes of the second quarter in the forward line…it was myers brown mckernan baguely all plodders and no threat…

Indecisive player. Gathered the ball several times today, took an eternity to decide what to do with it, was eventually tackled & the ball spilt out into a neutral position or was whisked away by the opposition. The game has passed him by. Too slow.

He will play well against St Kilda.

He has a level and cannot rise above it. saints are below his level, so I think he will look pretty good next week.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Every game he plays is one a kid misses out on like Parish, Clarke, Mutch, Begley. Enough is enough, accepting his ■■■■ for 10 years a core problem.

7 Likes

He has a nasty case of post most improved award blues. The illness is related to second year Blues but the recovery prospects in your late twenties aren’t great. That said Essendon has a great private health plan which has extended many a career well past the stage where anyone would reasonably have expected it to have ended.

1 Like

You imply he was ahead of the game at some point, that’s generous

I imply a lot when it comes to this bloke, but very little of it is generous. :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t get why this guy is selected at all but for the love of god, why is he played forward?

Talk about a mind blowing decision.

A plastic bag blowing around up there would have a far greater impact.

1 Like

It would certainly cover more ground

2 Likes

Said it last year & with the delisting of Whitecross its now a certainty - he’s the worst 26+ year old mid to still be on a list. Every other player with his lack of weapons, lack of impact etc have been delisted by this point in their careers.

He can’t make the distance from 65 anymore either

2 Likes

Wasn’t whitexross a defender?

You’re right most clubs would have delisted myers last year, we gave him an award usually given to an impressive young player or breakout mature ager.

Should only be played at Etihad(marvel) gets found out everywhere else

I was trying to be a little generous :wink: Whitecross was probably the only other player I could think of across the league who had been retained for so long but produced so little.

1 Like

Is whitecross a good bloke?