#23 David Myers Retyers

100%

More tackles than Devon Smith.

That can mean something when myers has a meaningfully defensive year.

Only played 80 minutes too

The way you guys are going on, is like he was the reason we lost and he was the only player that underperformed

while i totally get your point, the absolute unwavering ability of coaches to continue to pick players that regularly underperform always has, and always will lead to the team underperforming.

1 Like

Not enough likes for this.

love how he just stood there waiting for the ball from mckenna when keefe cut across him to mark it

1 Like

I’ve said for years that he was a list clogger. I’ve been criticised for my comments cause the guy doesn’t choose where he gets drafted. Yeah yeah I get that, but it still doesn’t hide the fact he’s no good, and never has been.

He has a turning circle of the SSTitanic, and moves as quick. He has a long kick that never hits a target unless it’s an opposition player.

I am so over seeing Myers, along with Brown and Ambrose always get gifted games.

The coach has got a lot to answer for, we will never get to the next level whilst we continue to play these players ahead of younger players.

Shoot me down if you wish, but he’s a rubbish footballer ( nothing against him as a person) and has always been so. He needs to have played his last game, along with a few others. I belive it’s the last year of his contract and have heard he plans to retire. Even more reason to not play him ahead of a kid like Redman or Gleeson ( when both fit)

Ask yourself this, what other club would he and a couple of others I’ve mentioned get a game with?

2 Likes

Myers has always struggle against an inside player who is crafty at stoppages and can break away from them - His ideal opponent is a pure inside player with few tricks - Not many of these match ups in the AFL.

Myers has always struggled against AFL players

1 Like

None…100% agree and you can add Bags to the list too. None of them will take us to our next premiership so why the fark play them. Get Darcy, Lav, Begley back into this team ASAP. I don’t give a flying fark about 2019…I care about 2020 whilst Hooker & co are still around.

2 Likes

This guy is so ■■■■

Lav can run around like a chook without a head on like Meyer. At least theres a chance he’ll get better in the next 10 years…there is N O chance Meyers will get better and he has had his 10…N O N E !!! Play the kids ffs

Myers, Langford and Heppell are all plodders.
No way are we going up the ladder with these 3 in the team together.
We are pedestrian!

1 Like

It hurts my soul when I see this bloke being gifted games and then played a forward - Laverde should’ve absolutely been given a game ahead of him if that was the plan.

Yes, he kicked a goal. But FFS the man is a midfielder or bust. And unfortunately, it’s most definitely a bust.

I don’t like to bag our players but I don’t know how to finish this sentence.

3 Likes

Complement sandwich him.

2 Likes

His last two weeks have been ordinary enough to suggest he might even drop himself this week.

8 Likes

Perhaps the most remarkable element of his career is the fact he’s apparently managed to convince four separate coaches to keep playing him, despite having spent the vast majority of his 12-year career operating somewhere between “garbage” and “mediocre”.

I remember mentally writing him off in 2011, and thinking he wouldn’t get to 50 games. Joke’s on me, I guess.