#23 David Myers Retyers

The fact this guy has been retained on the list for 11 years and “wins” most improved at 29 last year is absolutely symbolic of the plight this club has found itself in for the better part of a decade and a half. Enough. Play a Clarke, Mutch or Mynott to find out if they can get to the level because this guy isn’t AFL standard and hasn’t been for a decade.

9 Likes

I and many others including the former fitness staff didn’t think it was wise trying to rush 4 preseasons of work into the players in 2012 off season, look how that turned out.
but hirdys always right, right by what you just said.

you know what else both worsfold and hird might have in common pretty damn ■■■■■■■ soon ???
they might both be sacked. let that sink in before you try and bullshit people with the crappy old line of, of people at the club know best.

no they don’t. they may know MORE, but it doesn’t always equate to “best”.

1 Like

What…the…actual…fark???

remember 2012(or 2011 off season), when the West coast fitness guy was sacked because he didn’t think it was a smart idea to cram 4 preaseason worth of fitness into one off season ??
then went out and got some guy who said no problem, i can do it, i’ve even got a mate who can help with supps.

So you were there when this was happening? Or you’re just riding on the coattails of hindsight?

Has the breakout game happen yet?

I used to think Mark Bolton was gifted games.

1 Like

The name says it all - leadership group and we have a lack of leadership on the field, atm.

The problem is he is now in the leadership group so he will never be dropped. But he should be.

Its weird seeing Geelong play a bunch of kids with speed run dash flair reckless abandon just playing footy and winning games comfortably.

But no, let’s stick with Myers. Strike he can’t even HOOF it anymore.

He is such a big liability now.

Slow, poor footy brain, poor in the air.

Only positive attribute is kicking but still turns it over every second kick now and takes 5 seconds to get boot to ball

1 Like

This is actually what I think the issue is. The team aren’t just trying to play footy, they are thinking too much and playing with zero instinct or muscle memory.

If they just play footy, they will at least be competitive, even D Myers.

1 Like

How often do you go “wow” after a David Myers kick. Once a year?

He might be a long kick, but unless kicking for goal it isn’t the most dangerous weapon going around.

2 Likes

It should be if it went like: Bellchambers knockdown to Myers, Myers steps and boots it deep into forward 50, pack, snap, goal.

1 Like

GOODES TYPE

1 Like

David Myers absolutely DOES protect the kids.

He does this by acting as the lightning rod for the whining sheeple set on Bomberblitz.

Meanwhile, the kids can hide their deficiencies in the VFL, and avoid the blowtorch of criticism…in fact, their legend grows and grows, as long as they are kept out of the senior team.

8 Likes

I found his return to the team to be a baffling decision - Have no doubt that Heppell and Zaharakis play better inside the contest and at a higher standard than Myers.

Have we ever dropped any senior players from the saga?

I’m pretty convinced we gave blokes like belly, Myers, Hurley an assurity that if their fit, they play after their year off. Even if it wasnt an assurity, I think these guys are clearly treated differently than other players with selection. Myers inclusion really baffles everyone. Hes so slow and so one dimensional. He really, offers nothing. He was in poor form the first two rounds also

Call me a conspiracy theorist. Yep. I get it. But I dont think it’s that unrealistic to think that’s exactly the case. We did, rob them of a year and put them through the ringer. I feel like the club think they owe, for example Myers, until they retire

4 Likes

We dropped Stanton early in 2017.
Hocking and Howlett basically didn’t get a go in 2017

6 Likes

What’s the case for Myers? Why should he be in the side?