#23 David Myers Retyers

Most improved.

4 Likes

A bit harsh on the kid, a breakout season is just around the corner

1 Like

Top 10 draft picks don’t play magoos. It makes the recruiters look foolish if they do.

Alright, let’s get around him. I’d have others in the team ahead of him but hopefully he plays like a leader and gives it absolutely everything, crunching blokes and drilling 70m bombs.

IF he fails to deliver though, then it’s on the coaches to make the call and send him back to the VFL and give another kid a go - Langford, Guelfi, D Clarke, Ham, Jok, Mynott, whoever. We have options and we can’t continue to gift games to senior players if they’re not performing.

Good luck to him - he’s fighting for his spot in the team and I hope he delivers.

4 Likes

Howlett played about 12 or 15. Which was far too many.

Hocking only 1 or 2.

1 Like

Will dominate this weekend. Bookmark it.

1 Like

Bookmarked.

2 Likes

Yep, il get around him. Ill always support whoever pulls on the jumper

My anger isn’t at David . It’s at the people selecting him

7 Likes

In reality Myers was chosen over Guelfi. Redman came into the backline and Guelfi couldn’t force his way into the midfield. Woosha said it on the Bombers website. I still think that at this stage, Myers is better than Guelfi.

1 Like

He actually said because Guelfi hasnt demanded/warranted a game in the midfield it became a choice between him and Redman in the backline and they have decided to go with Redman. It wasn’t that cryptic a statement. U may think he warranted a place elsewhere, they don’t, so at present its either him or redman back.

1 Like

Wooshas job is to justify any of the team selections.

If he chose somebody else he would have justification for that also.

Doesn’t mean his team selection is right.

1 Like

I’ll get around him. Had a good season last year. Couple of ordinary games this year but the whole team was ordinary.

1 Like

And I still would like to see Clarke get a gig

1 Like

Yep that’s what i Meant. He didn’t force his way into the midfield. There was one spot available and Myers took it. I didn’t think there was anything cryptic about it and i don’t think he warranted a spot anywhere else. Woosha just mentioned he hadn’t forced his way into the midfield.

I would too but i haven’t seen enough of him to know if he’s good enough yet. People that have seen a lot of him seem to be split on the topic.

Where I disagree is what we DO know about Myers. He’s not up to the standard. He’s about to turn 30 and is not the future. It’s an absolute joke that he “wins” our most improved in 2018, someone is clearly taking the pisss IMO. The problem I have with Myers’ selection is we know we’re going to get precious little from him as has been the case in his mostly underwhelming career but we miss an opportunity to put midfield minutes and development into players who might be a part of our future. Players like Parish, Langford & Clarke need to be given opportunity to see if they can get to the level. They have scope for improvement, Myers does not. Then you have the presently injured Laverde & Mutch who he’s been given preference over in the past. The foresight of our club needs questioning with the continued selection of this bloke. Of course the Myers fan club will howl me down as they have for the past decade but these are the sorts of things that have had our club at mid table mediocrity for more than a decade.

14 Likes

No, it’s a good point you make. And i think the Langford argument is probably the most valid (because Parish is already in). Langford is the only young fella that i would expect to do as good or better job than Myers at this stage. The others a little unknown. So playing Langford might have been a better idea. I just think the anger on here is a little over the top. They’ve always had similar output and i guess the club has gone with experience.

1 Like

Which implies to me, that Guelfi is being primed as a mid, and has been told he needs to force his way into the side as a mid.

How many years are left on his contract?

A possible reason for this phenomenon is that Langford burns to get into the side, rather than expecting the gig. Just another suggestion.