#23 David Myers Retyers

Corporal ? WO2 at least !

Hipwood cleared.

Not great for David but I’m happy that Hipwood was cleared

2 Likes

Should have got weeks. 2 actions. Joke.

6 Likes

Seriously talented kid to be able to mark above his head at the highest point with eyes on the footy and manage to kick an opponent in the face by design in the same motion.

3 Likes

Explanation at 2:56. It sounds like the slight contact from behind from Ambrose played a factor in Hipwood being cleared.

Did the MRP also recommend the removal of the rule, and the public whipping of whoever suggested it?

1 Like

Yep, very fair in my book. There is obviously a duty of care but I reckon Myers misread it and ended up closer than he realised and basically under the footy.

Very different to Dahlhaus I think.

‘Reasonable’ in the AFL’s eyes is usually the complete opposite.

Yeah dont get it.

The second motion looked dodgy as.

1 Like

It looked like hip wood is sticking his leg out to correct his balance. Not sure the event deserves a mention tbh. Myers in the wrong place at the wrong time.

3 Likes

Of course the prick got off — it was against Essendon.

Gee some of you blokes have some massive amounts of tin foil. No way did that deserve a suspension

really needs to give a handball. no point bombing it 50 metres to an outnumber

Good game today.

2 Likes

Did some legit, tough, in-and-under contested work today. I mean he usually does, it was just particularly noticeable today, especially after half time.

1 Like

i thought he was pretty good. his face remains in tact as well today which is a massive positive for him.

Yes he certainly didn’t lose face today.

6 Likes

He was very solid today I thought

You sure you weren’t mixing him up with Saad?

1 Like