#23 David Myers Retyers

Yeah but those stats don’t say how many times he protected the kids

Mean while Clarke’s average 30+ possessions in the twos is not classed as belting the door down. He’s been smashing it for years, so much he gets tagged in the VFL, yet can get a look in.

1 Like

Ohh I get the stats and agree he didn’t do enough when he had the ball, nor use it as well as others. But it’s what he does off the ball. We have enough sweepers but not enough players to clear a path.

He plays a role that allows others to get the ball. It’s a weekness in our side. I hope Clarke, Langford and Co can take his place soon. But I think the coaches are better able to determine when that is better than I or you lot.

His had chances in the firsts and done what?

Yeah but we’re not talking with coaches. He can’t even get his arms free when being tackled by Sidebottom

He did about as much in his first game as Myers did today after 12 years in the system.

How many chances?
I appreciate you sticking up for your son Mr Myers but I could only wish for Clarke to get as many chances as David

1 Like

Hate to say it but parish is really struggling atm and simply doesn’t have the size and strength. Tippa is one that could he hits in hard with a low centre of gravity. Stringer to valuable fwd atm.

He’s had 1 ■■■■■■■ chance. One.

1 Like

I 100 percent agree his average. But our midfeild mix is working. He is playing his role, no one else can atm.

Read the forum rules. Player abuse is not acceptable. It’s possible to discuss Myers form and place in the side without personal denigration and labels. And to be frank, he doesn’t deserve it from keyboard bigshots that have probably never played an AFL game.

1st and last warning.

17 Likes

Nah, he’s no world beater but he’s holding his own and contributing. He had a poor one against norf but was excellent against the Dees and today he contributed far more than Myers. He had more pressure acts than anyone on the ground. He needs to be given every chance he can get in the guts, we need to back him in.

2 Likes

Isnt he retiring at the end of the year? Obviously he does things that the coaches appreciate that we’re not privy to. Trust the coaches throughout the decade on this one.

He should be guiding and protecting the kids in the 2nds.

Punters think the Pies go alright.

We went alright against them with Myers.

Presuming is playing his role.

1 Like

1 game over a year ago.

How many chances has Myers had?

What is the Myers role ??

He seemed ro play more hff today.

I 4hought it was ironic parish actually kicked him out of center square bounces a few times , the kid who qaant even supposed ro be playing rwmoved him from gis "supposed " role.

And why does anyone " have to be knocking " down a door for an underperdoeming player ro be shown the door??
How about gwtting someone in who can play a role , shuffle the midfielders around and back whoever you bring in to do a better job.

Xoa it surely can not be as hard as you and the coaches make it out to be to find a replacement for david fuxking myers.

Yep pretty much the point I’m trying to make. He is valued for what he does off the ball and on field leadership. Not possessions etc. It’s hard to put a value on what this adds to the team, because it’s certainly can’t be measured with stats.

But clearly the coaches think it’s a lot because he really does add little else, in a lot of games. On that I agree with the others.

No need for the hate though. I’m just trying to add a little balance to the urguement.

2 Likes

You would make an awesome selector for the Australian cricket team.

The 1st qtr was 20 minutes of watching Myers unable to keep up with his opponent

1 Like