#23 David Myers Retyers

I’m sure I would. I have zero interest in the sport.

Yes he plays his role … but he was found out today. In such a high pressure, hard running game he was too often too slow to make an impact. Can someone do his job and add a bit more? Only one way to find out, and that is not giving someone a week to prove it
I don’t think we endanger our form by dropping him for an extended time

1 Like

Myers is overtly awful as a forward or a backman. And we rotate like crazy nowadays, so there’s no escaping that.

2 Likes

Hey look, you pays your money…

But I found other things to look at.

they put him in the leadership group, what makes you think he will be going anywhere ?
even now you still have people running with, oh he blocks well and has good leadership, so he “has to stay in”.

someone at the club actually has to go, you know what he is a good bloke no doubt off the field, people love him blah blah, but we are not going to be a serious threat while he is a starting 22 untouchable player.
until they do that, people should get used to the fact he will be around for awhile and we won’t be anything other than mediocre at best.
cos that is all he has known, from team to personally.

1 Like

He’s out of form badly and that moment where he waited for the Daniher pass summed it up. Mentally, he’s not instinctive at all atm.

I talked to him.

2 Likes

I was convinced the problem was Baugley. It must be Myers.

I thought Myers had a really good game last week. Best I’d seen for a while. Threw himself right into it. But today he was nothing short of abysmal. There were times when he had the front running to pick the ball up, but rather than bend over and get it, he actually looked as if he was waiting for someone else to arrive to do the job. Very hesitant. I’d much rather we give one of the younger guys a go as he is definitely not best 22 here and now. We need to invest in the future.

2 Likes

Virtually all his clearances today were blind hack kicks, he is the least versatile player on our list, he detracts from our running game and he can’t defend the spread to save his life. But he is a good bloke so…

He is the Mark Bolton of the 2010s.

I was never nuts about bolts.

2 Likes

I liked Mark Bolton. He was better than good, and more importantly better than Goodes.

7 Likes

Against poor opposition he can normally be just ok.

Against the good teams, he just can’t keep up. He doesn’t have enough tricks or strengths to be a contributor to the team

The club should let him know he is playing vfl for the rest of the year. If they don’t make the call, Myers needs to make the call himself

He can’t play forward, he can’t play back and he barely contributes to the midfield.

2 Likes

He can’t even play a run-with role on a player like Pendleboory

For anyone that thinks Clarke would be better, just watch the first kick…to the advantage of the opposition…Personally, I’m probably waiting to see if Mynott can grow into the role, or Langford finds some angry pills…or LAV/Begley get midfield development this year…

well with skills like that, clarke too can be most improved in 10 years time, but they have to pump games into him now.

Clarke ain’t the answer.

1 Like

Just replace Myers with Begley

4 Likes

Begley or Ham would be better than Myers. He’s stunting parishes growth too

1 Like

We are privy to his onfield performance and that’s all that should matter. He’s been ■■■■■ his entire career. It’s unbelievable how many he’s played. It really is.