#23 David Myers Retyers

Bloke should be delisted at seasons end along with Myers.

Club has a habit of hanging onto players for too long hoping they become good. Our list turn over needs to be quicker.

Give Mynott a chance, been really good this year.

Reckon he’ll surprise like Guelfi.

Myers needs to be transitioned out. He’s probably not going to be on the list next year, need to start moving him on. Ditto Bags.

Begley, Mynott, Clarke, Lav, Langford need chances to grab those 2 spots.

3 Likes

Myers should be sent back to look after the kids in the VFL for the rest of the year. He may be able to use those leadership qualities and that ‘great guy’ personality to help our reserves win a premiership.

I believe Langford should replace him. He is a beautiful user of the ball and showed last year he can play in the midfield and also rest forward. He had a terrible first two rounds, but guess what, they all did.

For me he is the obvious replacement for Myers, and we need to let him develop and give him the chance to thrive. Our midfield looks so good right now, he may prosper.

It would also allow Guelfi to get even more minutes in the midfield. Considering how well he is playing currently, that can only be a good thing.

5 Likes

Langford doesn’t have enough angry pills to play as a mid until he finds some he won’t get picked.

2 Likes

If darcy gets dropped after the north game, then myers gets dropped after yesterday

Its quite simple. Guarantee he wont be dropped though

6 Likes

Again for who? We have plenty of mids who are of similar size to Parrish. But no big body’s. How far away is mynott? I’m all for dropping myers but not at the expense of team balance. Our midfeild beat the best in the comp yesterday.

I like Langford as a fwd and even as a outside mid at times. But inside bash and crash mid he is not.

3 Likes

Problem is Myers should have been dropped after the GWS game… In farkling 2017. He does fark all apart from a ■■■■■■ little handball or a kick forward. Play a kid and get 15 games into him FFS. I’m sick of this Bid boby excuse for getting a game

I think the midfield’s ticking along quite well with the mix as it is - I’d be hesitant to fiddle with it too much right now.

Langford’s just not the right type, need someone who’s going to relish the physical stuff and sacrifice their own game. Not Kyle’s go (nor Lav).

IMHO it has to be Clarke or Begley.

I don’t rate Clarke particularly highly, and Begley doesn’t have the formline - yet.

Unlike many, I’m perfectly happy for kids to have to put in consistently good form to get a gig.

4 Likes

Clarke & Begley have decent size to them.

2 Likes

He’s been OK in 2 games this year and poor in 2. IMHO.

1 Like

Fark me this big body talk is a load of ■■■■, you can be built like Tarzan but hey, if you can’t play the game then what’s the point of being big? Against Melbourne who have some serious big guys in their and not too mention some serious hard nuts also we smacked them without our “big bodied mid”

It’s a load of crap, give his spot to Parish, at least he’s got lightning hands, footy nous and has some agility

He’s had over 10 years ffs and his numbers are very disappointing. Guys like Langford, Parish, Guelfi get dropped for far less and this bloke just keeps on getting games.

Just give someone else a go, Clarke is getting tagged in the VFL ffs. Give him a go. But he can’t kick right? Blind kicks out of packs are also pretty infective most of the time so hey maybe we bite the bullet here and try someone else.

3 Likes

Yep exactly what I am trying to say. You put it into words better then I.

I would be tempted to play Clarke for a fortnight. He played last year v Cats and had an OK game on Selwood. Then Sydney who have a handful of slower mids he could match up on.

I’ve been a warmish Myers fan over the years, but the fact is he’s not getting any quicker or more skillful, and the game is. Everybody’s time comes. It’s just a pity so many feel the need to make up BS whenever he has a poor game.

5 Likes

14 touches yesterday to go with 4 clearances is simply not good enough for one of our most senior mids. No amount of blocking and long kicks can justify his stats anymore.
Nothing against the bloke, he tries but he simply isn’t good enough for the amount of time he spends in the middle and once he isn’t in the middle he has even less impact. He’s slow and simply does not have enough of a positive impact on games.

When he was out against melbourne, it meant Parish had more mid minutes and he had 24 to go with 7 clearances. Myers has not gotten close to those stats this year. Not bad for a bloke who isn’t that big bodied mid we so desperately need to have in the 22

The thing that frustrates me the most is that he is awarded so much more leniency than guys like Guelfi, Parish, Langford who seem to be one poor performance away from being dropped on a week to week basis. Then theres guys like Clarke, Mynott who can’t even get a look in. They were even tagging Clarke at VFL level. He may not be good enough but who knows, surely he’s earn’t at least a couple of senior games to prove himself.

A good Essendon bloke and very well liked around the club but at the age of 30, surely the time has come to give someone else a go.

8 Likes

Yesterday’s performance confirms he is well past it. Needs to play VFL for the remainder of the year. Maybe gift him a farewell game at the end.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense because he won the most improved player in that period

Should be used to give hepp the odd spell during the year against weaker opposition. And that’s being generous.

3 Likes

Guelfi is already producing far more through the midfield than Myers.

Myers out.

Fantasia IN.

Parish to the guts.

Guelfi to go wherever needed.

**Baguley to be kept in until Begley is fit’n’firing.

2 Likes

Look out, we got Ivan started on Myers… This could get ugly.

I feel I no longer need to carry this burden. Just need to chime in with the occasional snipe now and then

2 Likes