#23 David Myers Retyers

I’m not sure you were ever the Lone Ranger on this one.

1 Like

One things Myers has always done is be the big body. Twice yesterday he needed to put his body between the man and the ball and didn’t do it. If you’re making statements by dropping kids like Langford for ■■■■ ups, he’s got to get a rest too.

Could very well be a reason (sore, injured) but if you’re out there if you have to go. Costly moments that a leader shouldn’t have.

6 Likes

You wanna bring him in for the Grand Final?

2 Likes

Exactly YT! Fkg pathetic efforts for a “leader”. Pendlebury showed him how it’s done twice. No doubt Myers squibbed it when he HAD to go. Granted, Joe didn’t help him with the disposal but all the same Myers had to make those contests his. He did not. I’ll back it in Guelfi would’ve attacked those contests as if they were his last. Surely Myers is well past his use by date at AFL level.

2 Likes

Lay off Myers a little. He’s a decent player that’s had a rough start to the year. And he’s not the only one.

4 Likes

Give it a spell. You’ve told us a thousand times, we get it. Don’t you get bored.

3 Likes

2017 oh we have to have big bodies in the side against carlton cos it’s going to be wet blah blah.
what happens we go out and get pantsed by pipe sized midgets with few big bodies in the whole side.

like you say what is the use of the big body if that is the only redeeming feature of the player, that “he has a big body”

fletch never had a big body and he was taking on ■■■■■■ twice his size and muscle from the age of 18.

2 Likes

Agree Myers is a liability when we have the footy. But without him we’re putting a younger mid in the fray to do the bullocking…and I’m not sure who has the body for it. Heppell is already having his career shortened by playing the inside role that’s not his forte. Likewise Parish is gonna get hammered if he replaces Myers one for one…

Myers serves a purpose - he’s there because he’s 30 and at the end, rather than in spite of it.

1 Like

It’s a Fkg forum FFS. There’s an ignore function too. Use it.

6 Likes

Works both ways pseudonym guy on footy forum callings players squibs.

1 Like

There’s actually not, any more!!

I would’ve had 99% of the forum blanked out in the first fortnight of the year!!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even blame Daniher’s kick, he put it a metre in front of him and Myers was caught flat-footed, like always, it’s not like it went over his head or forced him to be stationary.

The second one where he just stopped and let Pendles take it unimpeded was abysmal from a leader.

1 Like

Call it as I see it. He definitely squibbed those contests. Was saved once by Ambrose who left his man and attacked it. It’s a horrible look for a so called leader but don’t mind me and my opinion.

2 Likes

No problem, I’ll call it as I see it. You’ve said it a million times. He’s not a ‘squib’ or a ‘weak dog’. He is a leader, cause the playing list and the coaching group say so.

Yesterday he struggled but (without any proof) I reckon if you asked Hepp, Zach and Dyl if they wanted him in, they would. Other than him, we have too much of the same. I’d love someone better, bigger and stronger to come along, but right now we don’t have anyone. I don’t want or think Parish or Langford can provide what he does.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and many many fkg times. This is an opinion based site.
As such if someone’s opinion is that said player squibed a contest or two then that’s his opinion and is entitled to it.

There is nothing defamatory or belittling, it’s what was seen by the poster. People sniping posters for making comments on what they see is wrong and is not what this site is about. Everyone has an opinion no ones is more important than anyone else’s.

I’ve passed on my share of criticism on Myers for years now and I’m just waiting for his farewell game, hoping it comes sooner rather than later.

I have nothing against him as a person, I just reckon he’s a rubbish footballer, - that’s my opinion.

I couldn’t care less about his so called big fkg body, if you can’t see ball, get ball then make way for a kid who maybe half his size (Ham) can get the ball and actually improve the team.

I’m Hawcazzo and that’s my opinion, and if you don’t like it I couldn’t give a rats toss bag.

4 Likes

If there is ever a game where Myers should excel yesterday was it.

That was about as contested a game as we will see all year.

He had a very poor game.

1 Like

Terrible disposal and decision making aside this is my main gripe with him. He just stands around, instead of being ready the ball has already gone past him.

1 Like

Ham would be smashed into 1000 bits trying to play as an inside midfielder. I reckon he will be a great footballer, and love his tenacity, but for now plays a completely different role to Myers.

I agree if Ham takes his role he would be smashed but farck wouldn’t it be nice to see some kids in there instead. ?

Langford’s game is off right now, but you cant tell me Myers form warrants him being played ahead of a kid who would play just as well?

You guys are precious. You all say the same thing about Myers and you say that you’re entitled to your opinion, which of course you are, so it stands to reason I am due mine.

But pity help someone who voices an opinion that you don’t like. You go on ■■■■■■■■ on Myers and I’ll go on disliking words like squib and weak dog.

Not that you would give a rats toss bag.

6 Likes