#23 David Myers Retyers

When a player plays poorly you criticise the player

When the player keeps on playing poorly and he keeps on getting selected the anger lies at the fault of the coaches.

He is garbage, everyone knows it. Except for the people getting paid big coin to make the correct decisions

7 Likes

Yeah, don’t care about structures, he’s beyond cooked.

I’ve got nothing. But I’d still like to see him given another chance next week.

It genuinely looks like his role in the team is to get tackled as much as possible, so we can re-set for another stoppage. Occasionally, he’ll also find a clumsy way to hack a kick forward. That’s literally all he does.

11 disposals (just 5 contested, with 3 turnovers) and the one tackle.

It’s beyond embarrassing that this bloke is a member of our leadership group, when he shouldn’t even be getting games to begin with.

I’d rather us persevere with Langford or get games into Mynott/Clarke. If we’re going to gift a few games, at least let’s do it to those who have some upside and are hungry for an opportunity.

3 Likes

Ive been a defender of him but hes done. There are 100s of footballers in Australia who can hit in harder and offer more in terms of movement and skill.

Dylan Clarke for a start.

1 Like

YEAH NAH HE PUSHED THE OPPOSITION INTO THE CONTEST BLOCKED, DID DA TEAM THINGZ WE DONT SEE

Knowing this club they will give him most improved again.

You have to hand it to the guy though. To be able to bluff your way to being at the club for over a decade…that takes skill

2 Likes

He’s not offering us what he should be providing. Big body, contested ball winner, experience, leadership. None of it. Yet he will still get a game whilst we drop kids instead. Perhaps he’s a nice bloke, but as Merv Hughes once said “If you’re the best bloke in the world but you take 0/120, you’re no use to anyone”.

3 Likes

I seem to recall, and even the commentators, that he can kick a ball 50+. What’s happened?

2 Likes

You forgot the 5 missed tackles

1 Like

It’s not just that he can only kick on one side . He can only handball on one side .

Hawthorn just dropped Roughead despite the fact he’s still going at 1.3 goals a game - thats what effective football management looks like.

Again I get why we play him - we have no other bigger bodied mids, but we simply have to find another option because even Myers will have to retire in 3-4 years.

2 Likes

Langford wouldn’t have smiled in that situation.

Just saying.

10 Likes

Langford doesn’t smile period.

1 Like

Langford got dropped for playing a game twice as good as Myers just did.

9 Likes

Why oh why does he get a game?
Do the coaches give any thought to the idea of developing other players? Maybe they don’t know how to.
We’re stuck in a mediocre loop, sadly, and can’t find a way out.

1 Like

This coach is hedging his bets. Doesn’t trust young guys so it doesn’t ruin his already poor coaching record. Keep’s playing Myers instead of blooding youth.

1 Like

You’re contradicting yourself. So the coach is playing Myers because it helps the team play better than if he played the kids

1 Like

I’m not contradicting anything. Think before commenting.