#23 David Myers Retyers

Finish your Rep and

Retire

Yep, as a leader he should know when his time is done and selflessly focus on those he is leading rather than his own demise.

Play as a onfield coach in the twos, focus being a match day mentor on the boundary. Selflessly sacrafice his own game day desire for the betterment of the long term future of the team.

If the club extends his contract, sack everybody involved from the board down.

2 Likes

If he’s a midfielder why is he being plonked over 50% forward?

1 Like

interesting that smith references Myers “mangled” hands in HS today. I wonder how much this impacts his performance and also makes me question why a guy so physically restricted gets automatic selection every week.

2 Likes

Saw this, says he can’t kick a Torp because of his hands. Sounds weird, I would have thought if anything the hand position and wrist articulation required for a Torp is less taxing than for a drop point.

Anyway, I’d you can kick a Torp because you’re hands are so stuffed and the hell can you direct to take a half volley cleanly?

Seriously, get a grip mate.

Unless you know him, you’re talking out of your ■■■■. The only thing we know as outside observors about this side of his character is that he HAS actually asked to play VFL before. Which I’d have thought is to his credit and suggests he has the self awareness you think he selfishly lacks?

Criticise his onfield performance, sure. Go for it. Demand that he be dropped. No problem, I agree. But character assassination of someone I’d guess you’ve never met is just puerile internet garbage.

23 Likes

Myers stays until a better option replaces him. I wish that was Langford, but he is underwhelming. Clarke doesn’t look AFL standard to me.
I want to see us move Stringer (inside) and McKenna (outside) into the midfield. One of our gun HBs has to learn to play midfield and I think McKenna can provide the defensive run from the wing, that Stringer will struggle with.
Brown will come straight back in. Francis or Ridley can play forward. LAV is close, yet again. A remodel of both the inside midfield and the forward setup may provide a trigger to win a few.

myers mangled hands remind me of winderlich’s spaghetti hamstrings.

maybe retirement is best of his quality of life?

1 Like

Our midfield defensive pressure and running is allready lackluster.

Putting stringer in there for more than just a bounce every now and then spells disaster.

Literally a terrible idea. Modern mids need to be able to run back more so than fwd otherwise you wont win many games of footy.

1 Like

Francis has been tried forward for a couple of games now and the results are underwhelming. Next.

The Riddler could be the answer, he is worth a shot at it. Can take a decent grab and is a good kick.

it’s the old actions speak louder than words thing.

i saw on fb with an interview in the rooms after the game with hepp, and the title, we are gutted.
the main responses from people on there were something like, really cos you were laughing and joking around 2 seconds after the kick missed.

There inlies the issue, how can you be gutted when you’re smiling and cracking jokes that short of a time after a loss.

no i don’t think they should be down in the dumps of despair ready to end it all, but again as others have pointed out, smith and merretts reactions show they are gutted.

and if losing in a sport that is based on winning, doesn’t make you feel like crap, how does one exactly learn to want to fight against losing, if it ultimately isn’t going to matter to you one way or the other, and you’ll be over it within 5 seconds of the game

that photo shows these 2 know that they know they are safe within the walls of the EFC and nothing they do will be held against them again inside those 4 walls at the club.

4 Likes

Let’s be real, he should, but won’t get dropped.

Watch him bang a goal through, off one step, from inside the centre square, post high this week.

Let’s be honest - even if he was dropped we’d find something else to complain about.

1 Like

We should demand a list from the club each week - who is smiling and who is frowning at the final siren.

i can’t recall seeing a player struggle so much to handball. he has to switch hands to get on to his preferred side. you can see his brain ticking over,
“ok, i have the ball, i need to handball, clench this fist, strike ball with said clenched fist, Oh ■■■■ i’m bing tackled, yep, just released it, yay!”
it’s painful to watch.

3 Likes

I think he even gave a little wink before he went to take his kick. But I’m too traumatised to go back and take a look.

The thing is I don’t want to complain but when a guy gets 11 disposals against Pies is rested and gets 11 against Swans as a midfielder questions need to be asked. Dylan Clarke says hi with another 30 disposals yesterday.

20 Likes

You Sir are correct.

I’ve mentioned it elsewhere, but the handball test was introduced at draft camp/combine was at Lloydy’s instigation, after Myers showed up at the club after being drafted and we realised he had no ability to handball on his non-preferred side at all.

2 Likes