#23 David Myers Retyers

This is honestly the biggest crock of ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

Langford was arguably the #1 most encouraging thing about the back half of last year.

And Laverde’s talent is more or less undoubtable. Totally valid to wonder about if his body will hold up but to call him a spud is just fkn laughable.

Fk me some people talk absolute pump.

9 Likes

Most of us were shocked that Myers got most improved over langford. To say Langford wasn’t in good form is a revisionist myth. i’m not sure how he’s supposed to recapture that form when he only plays one game a month (and at VFL level).

see, we can innovate!

I remember his last couple of months being 2 or 3 good games and the rest being people explaining to me how 15 possessions, a clearance and no goals was actually a good game.

4 Likes

Does Woosha and the selection committee fear that Clarke could force Myers out of the team if given an opportunity ? Just a theory…

1 Like

GLOOMER AND A HATER

2 Likes

Imagine rioli had myers hammies and myers riolis handz.

4 Likes

yeah like so much of the second half of last season, Langford’s performances have been over-hyped. He absolutely had some good games & the signs were promising but it was the pressure games like Collingwood, Hawthorn & Richmond where he struggled to impact. The last game of the year he seemed to spend more time forward & looked more proficient there. Like Myers I get that we see bigger body & think midfield but it takes more than size.

1 Like

This “better option” stuff is bullshit. We don’t have a better option than 11 touches and a tackle? Not to mention all the clearances that he prevents “a better option” in parish attending. How do we know if Clarke or mynott are better options until we actually try them?

4 Likes

Still haven’t got over Knights taking Myers instead of Rioli in the draft

Wait, we could have got Rioli?

How come I’ve never heard that mentioned before?

14 Likes

It was actually Morris as well.

It was actually Dangerfield.

Well, it was Rhys Palmer for the first 12 months.

I’d still swap them. Palmer has been retired for 2 years & has still played 1 more game than Myers. It really highlights where the club has been as opposed to other clubs. Palmer despite having an outstanding start to his career has been delisted 3 times, Myers still chugging along. Their career stats are very similar.

Please, no more.

IN: Clarke.

Sheedy knew him as a kid and would have picked him for sure. Mad bomber supporter. Sheedy was sacked and in Knights infinite wisdom pumped up Myers

He is meant to be an in and under midfielder but every time he tries to lay a tackle, he gets shrugged off like a fly

No doubt a player should be able to get an extra 10 m from a big torp.
The question is does the natural “slice” of the torp mean that its problematic for a leftfooter kicking from that side of the ground?

I seem to recall from my playing days that a right footer ( me) kicking from the right hand side pocket will get the ball to curve in like a slice rather than potentially skimming across the face of goal. So, it would seem Myers cannot kick a torp. Lost art. Except for Hartley.

1 Like

only futurama fans will get it
b

2 Likes

Just thinking, if the free kick had been paid against Rampe, then Myers would have been the hero and probably kept in the team this week. This could be the second time the AFL has ruined his career.

3 Likes