#23 David Myers Retyers

Good game in the 2s. He’s a good reserves player, keep him there.

1 Like

Was he B.O.G in the VFL?

Could be a handy depth player

Looks that way

And this is what he is capable of at that level, likely also shows this continually at training which is why Clarke and co often don’t jump the queue.

Also must show just how far below VFL standard footy is compared to AFL can be. Because he never looks like replicating such impact in the seniors

Kudos to him for the game however & strongly contributing to the win

Having actually worked in the WA football system when Myers was coming through U16’s and U18’s, efcrobbo is a dill.

Would be one of the first picked by the playing group themselves every week. Absolute ■■■■■■■ comment.

2 Likes

Dylan Clarke - 12 touches, 34% efficiency. GET HIM IN.

David Myers - 29 touches, 3 goals. YEAH BUT IT’S VFL.

7 Likes

When was the last time Clarke only got 12 touches in the VFL?

We know you love Myers, but surely even you can’t defend him anymore and realise his time in the 1’s should be up

2 Likes

Clarke got 21 touches also not 12

3 Likes

… makes a difference.

He also kicked a goal didn’t he?

I was being flippant.

It’s just hilarious that if Myers dominates VFL the calls are “it’s just VFL” yet players who play worse, “in just the VFL”, are deemed the second coming of Christ. Surely if they were so much better they would you know, be better?

People don’t want players picked off form nearly as much as they like to pretend. They want players picked off who is their favourite (which is completely fine).

His time in the 1’s is up if he doesn’t contribute to the team. I think we need to be transitioning guys of his age/ilk out of the side for the long term but I’m also not going to call the match committee complete idiots and call for their sacking because they don’t pick guys who can’t hit the same heights “in just the VFL”.

5 Likes

The only form you can go by is VFL form. Those pushing for Clarke over Myers is probably more the fact that Clarke has played many good games in the VFL but given very few opportunities in the AFL. Myers on the other hand has had plenty and plenty of chances in the AFL so going back at dominating in the VFL is almost negligible, he has shown he is not up to AFL standard anymore.

4 Likes

That extra second or two of time you get in the VFL makes all the difference. Players who play like they’re very spatially aware of what’s happening around them, like Redmond and Ridley, don’t seem to care whether its VFL or AFL… they just adjust. Myers plays like he’s oblivious to what’s going on around him… it’s just grab it and boot it. And he doesn’t look like he’s got the lateral movement to buy himself an extra second to kick it cleanly in congestion, which you need in AFL (see Shiel)… hence Myers’ kicks to advantage in the VFL are smothered kicks in the AFL.

1 Like

David is a great Clubman…but I fear the game has passed him by. :frowning:

1 Like

Forget Myers, what possible reasoning is there for Clarke to come in?

1 Like

I don’t get it myself.

Seems to be this endless discussion around drop Myers, being in the Lang and if not Clark.

If it gets to the Clark stage why not give extra clearance time to Parish, McGrath, Guelfi, Tippa, McKenna, Zaka or any of the current team really.

1 Like

Yep.

Turnovers are our achilles heel.

More pace and good kicks required.

Neither Myers, nor Clarke, give us much of either.

1 Like

BRING

1 Like

From me, none. I think he is too slow for AFL level. But I know there are people on here want him in the seniors.

Agree with that. I would even have Ridley in as well, even though he is not a midfielder. He is a good user of the ball which is what we need.

I think we have enough good users of the ball, we just need them in the right spots.

1 Like