#23 David Myers Retyers

You know Langford came back into the side this week after one good showing in the VFL yeah? Are you saying he shouldn’t have?

1 Like

And if he has a crap game he is usually out right away, not often given a chance to redeem himself.

In fairness, his bad has been VERY bad this year. Guelfi has been backed in after average performances and he’s a junior player.

1 Like

Great game in the VFL by Myers. I think it would be great for his confidence if he had a chance to spend a few games in the twos, get a bit of leather poisoning and kick some snags. Make him beat the door down and hopefully come back snarling

2 Likes

Myers had a spike in output last year. He looked good and was contributing BUT has been very poor this year, playing 6 underwhelming games. I guess, if he strings together a run of quality games in the VFL he might be considered for the firsts but there is no justification to bring him straight back in this week.

6 Likes

I think he is a chance for the Carlton game, bearing in mind that Cripps did what he wanted against Langford & Parish in the JLT, they might as we have been witch’s hats.

But don’t bring him back this week, he needs another similar game at least to justify selection in the 1sts.

3 Likes

And Ham got 2 games off not much form.

1 Like

True, but there is a strong argument Myers should be in the vfl improving his craft. It shouldn’t just be kids who are made to improve the skills in the vfl.

No, I don’t remember anyone calling for Langford to come back into the team off of 1 game. I personally would of gone with Clarke. He has earned an opportunity through strong consistent vfl performances

They went with Langford and his performance backed up his selection

The place to work on new skills is training, then show you can put it into practice on the park. Every time he goes down the VFL he’s in the top couple on ground. He can’t do much more than that.

Myers plays AFL and our kids play ■■■■. He plays VFL and our kids play ■■■■. What is the commonality here?

1 Like

Training is the place to work on skills, but they are put into proper practice during actual games

Myers might be a level above vfl, but he has proven he isnt up to the level required of AFL- at least not consistently imo

Perform strongly in the vfl for a month and then you would discuss bringing him back for an underperforming player

2 Likes

myers

Myers forward or nothing

Bring in Clarke, Brown Ridley

Don’t care who goes out

Definitely Brown immediately. Clarke and Ridley have to wait for somebody to be injured/dropped. The midfield and Defence are operating pretty well. We need to try to get a little continuity with our playing group.

Given how we played Stringer h2h against Fyfe, I wouldn’t be surprised to that tactic employed against Martin and Cripps too

■■■■?

2 Likes

They may give him two weeks in the VFL to give back to back performances. He’ll be in next week

Clarke had 21 touches and 1 goal so you’re wrong and has consistent form to backup his calls for him to come into the side.

Clarke also had 28 touches the week before in a 40 point loss.

1 Like