#23 David Myers Retyers

He won’t be back this week, playing VFL for a while.

1 Like

Langford did well and Stringer also as the inside mid. So it’ll be hard for Myers to get if that continues.

Ridley in to free up hooker to go forward

Brown, Hooker, Stringer, Daniher, Tippa and Mozzie in the forwardline

Plenty to offer in height, endurance, speed and skill there

1 Like

I like it. Only thing i’d do differently is Bags instead of Mozz. I’ve been watching the VFL games and he just runs out of puff too easily. I think he’ll need another pre-season before his fitness it there. And Richmond are such a hard running side.

1 Like

I think you should read up.

Finally, following a somewhat high possession game in the VFL and not being named in the senior squad nor listed as an emergency, there is hope…

3 Likes

And by “somewhat high” we mean the most disposals and the most inside fifties for the entire league that round…

9 Likes

Yep, it says a lot about the standard of the VFL.

If he keeps those numbers up he might be our Most Improved for a second year running.

Stiff not to be in the team IMO

1 Like

Congrats to Myers for performing so well in the VFL - both on the ground and as a leader & on ground coach to our young guys.
Too much anti Myers sentiment on this forum.

14 Likes

One more good performance this week and he should come back in to the team.

LOL

Post reported

I am all for Myers performing well at VFL level!!!

2 Likes

Myers is VFL only now

Kids time and blood them in Woosha stop trying to protect your job, do what’s right for our future list

■■■■ take alert.
It would take a lot more than one good performance for him to get back in the team. I hope that h plays well, but doesn’t make it back as others will have gone past him. The pace of the game is beyond him now, he isn’t coming back.

1 Like

If he’s trying to protect his job he shouldn’t pick Myers ever again

Guys, I’m miles away from being a mall Myers fan but c’mon, lay off him this week. Not playing in the 1s or named an emergency.

3 Likes

Having watched the VFL replay…I was pondering whether Myers game was the best VFL performance this year, because it was pretty dominant. Maybe Draper had dominant games early in the season.

And it had me wondering about Myers…that maybe he has TOO MUCH of a defensive focus in the seniors…because in this game, he obviously wasn’t tagging anyone, he was just getting the ball and roosting goals.

PS. Laverde did very little. His one goal was set up by Myers’ work.
PPS. Loved how Riley’s long arms seemed to allow him to reach down and collect some ground balls very quickly.

3 Likes