#23 David Myers Retyers

If Myers comes in, Parish will be pushed out of the midfield. We need to replace Shiel with someone who is more versatile than David.

Mynott or Clarke should get the call up, we need to see what they have to offer and there’s no time like the present.

1 Like

Why not Darcy replacing Sheil and who ever we bring in playing Darcy’s role?

1 Like

ARE YOU INSANE? YOU’RE JOKING, RIGHT?

I tried to be a fan for a long time lost patience with him the last couple of seasons, has always promised a lot and only delivered in fits and spurts (like the club)

1 Like

His post-game interview yesterday was extremely telling as to why he is in the leadership group. Essentially said he knows his time in the AFL is almost up, so it’s now his job to try get all the guys playing VFL up to speed (and that he loves seeing their progression).

Bash his ability all you want, but players willing to do that are only going to help the team going forward.

37 Likes

He has always been a quality bloke.

5 Likes

I’ve always liked what he offers as a footballer, too.

I don’t think being the Jobe Watson replacement has helped him too much around these parts, though.

1 Like

Number one criteria for being a Blitz member is that your footy IQ has to be in single figures.

2 Likes

My suspicion is that he doesn’t want to play seniors again while there are good options in the magoos, and, since he’ll almost certainly pull the pin at the end of the year, would be happier to follow Buddha’s example and teach the kids what’s required.

9 Likes

Are we sliding down by going up first?

1 Like

If this season was my last year I think I’d prefer to play VFL as well. End my career on a higher note.

3 Likes

My thoughts on Myers are well known. But id love nothing more than to see him chaired off the ground by adoring teammates after winning a vfl flag.

8 Likes

Fixed

2 Likes

I just think he’s been told we now are moving in another direction

Unless injuries cripple us he will be playing VFL for rest of the year

And Woosh has made mention numerous times about chatting with him about how his body was feeling etc. Game and the AFL intensity perhaps passed him by.

Myers was pretty honest in that post game about where he was at and what his role is moving forward.

1 Like

Well, I acknowledged mine was years ago. Hence, 99% of my football related posts are what people deem as “happy clapping” (whatever the ■■■■ that means).

I’ll back those playing/coaching to make better calls than I ever will, and hence I just support what they do. It also makes following a team much more enjoyable.

4 Likes

Again rosso you prove me correct.

Tbh, it would be a bit sad if his last kick in AFL was the shot after the siren against Sydney.

1 Like

LOL

Think I mentioned this in a review thread a week or so ago. I got the sense his papers are now stamped and seeing Clarke come in this week basically confirms it. There’s nothing wrong with being a VFL player. I got frustrated at the extreme persistence with him when the likes of Clarke had been knocking the door down for weeks on end. The time comes for everyone. I actually felt like Hocking had some more footy in him when he was relegated. Howlett & Stanton too but they still had important roles to play in the club without being in the senior team. If Myers can bring that to the VFL guys, that is a great result IMO. They get some leadership & mentoring and Clarke et al get some exposure at AFL level. It’s a win for the club.

11 Likes

Your not a member then?