#23 David Myers Retyers

Have you ever played Snakes & Ladders?

I usually win, so that probably doesn’t help.

We are all footy simpletons together, in solidarity.

I can cop that then

Your auto correct really does have a mind of it’s own Ivan. How does it turn my into i’m

1 Like

Is it a fair comment to say Myers is a better VFL player than Clarke but Clarke is a better AFL player?

Will be interested to see whether Clarke can make it to a 150 game career, or whatever Myers is on. Hard and fit is a good start, but only gets you so far. Cf lonergan, McGough, and a thousand others.

And I’ve never really seen why it’s got to be either/or - there’s 22 spots. Seems Myers has been given “the talk”, but he might still be used in certain situations.

3 Likes

Clarke’s game yesterday was better than anything I can recall from Myers.

But whether or not he can back it up is a whole other story.
His next few games will be very interesting.

1 Like

This is where the whole thing gets silly.

Clarke had a great game, Myers is on the way out, but you’re trying to rewrite history and say it’s better than anything he’s produced.

To support one player you don’t need to battle another.

8 Likes

Unless you’ve got the brain of a 12 year old, and the coach is secretly out to destroy your favourite player’s career because… reasons

4 Likes

He’s likely to get a farewell game in the AFL isn’t he?

Yep turn the board upside down. Got it.

I cannot see the point in us playing let’s do what we did last year again. Sitting just outside the 8 and thinking what a good job we’ve done considering, all the games we lost earlier in the season. They are the games we must win if we ever want to play finals.

1 Like

It’s me swiping badly

I like to imagine Ivan writes like this in his day job, too.

My clint pleads not guelfi, your honest.

15 Likes

Stanton didn’t

I strongly suspect he was offered one, but declined. I don’t have any inside track, but he seems the sorta guy who is always team first.

2 Likes

Only if his form demands it, otherwise no. This is not a charity.

1 Like

Love this bloke. I hope at the very least he goes out with some VFL silverware at the end of this season. As far as i know he’s studying finance/business so we might not be able to keep him in a development role like some have suggested.

5 Likes

Hes too good for VFL level like Thomas was.

1 Like

Thanks… i’ve just been ■■■■■■■ myself at work :grinning:

1 Like