#23 David Myers Retyers

6 Likes

Such a quality bloke.

4 Likes

Coaches are finally making the tough… oh.

11 Likes

Great leadership by him though. Want these younger guys to come on and knew he was a road block.

2 Likes

Oh it’s incredibly selfless.

1 Like

His commitment for the club has been outstanding. It’s why the personal attacks on him to be dropped or rejoicing when he is are very unfair. Criticise his footballing attributes, absolutely, but don’t treat him as someone who tries to fark up the team/club.

52 Likes

Maybe a few blitzers should take the same option…

13 Likes

Myers for coach!!

3 Likes

I hope he’s in a good head space. He’s been pretty open about his troubles with mental health and he’s withdrawn from the AFL because of it before.

3 Likes

This whole situation is so Essington.

Told ya

6 Likes

He just isn’t up to senior level football. It’s been the case for a long time, and I have huge respect for him, that he was able to see that, even if it appears that Worsfold couldn’t.

He is being far more beneficial to the club by playing in the reserves. He should stay there for the rest of the year and truly protect the kids. I’d like to to see him play VFL for us next season also.

3 Likes

Fast forward to October.

Woosha: David, we’ve been really impressed with your form this year and want to offer you a 3 year contract.

Myers: Too late Woosha, already delisted myself.

20 Likes

David ‘Harakiri’ Myers.

#respect

2 Likes

he dropped himself last year too.

if hes dropping himself again, i would think he sees himself not far off retirement. would make a great coach.

2 Likes

David Myers has had a career crippled by injuries and the one year suspension, But he is a wonderful leader with a penchant for teaching. When he retires from playing, I hope he has a long, successful career as a coach.

27 Likes

I guess Myers isn’t expecting us to make finals then.

1 Like

Respect to Myers. Hopefully we can win a premiership in the reserves for him and Buddah.

Utterly beggers belief that it takes the player himself to drop himself. A pure indictment on Worsfold.

13 Likes

Safety first!
For future reference, Anyone who decides to drop themselves must use the “breakfall” technique. We can’t afford any more long term injuries.

Yes it is off. But depends how that conversation went and whether it was an obvious consideration for the match committee.