#23 David Myers Retyers

not sure i’m good enough for VFL but happy to give it a try, even if it’s to have @theDJR mention me

4 Likes

Huge respect for Myers - obviously well liked & highly regarded by the playing group also. Should feel well pleased with what he’s been able to do to help our young guys.

6 Likes

importantly, the flow on effect from what Myers and Hocking provide to the kids playing VFL will feed into our AFL side as they progress

8 Likes

Yep. Myers is racking up huge numbers in the VFL and setting the standard for the younger players. Guys like Ham, Mozzie & co could learn a lot from him.

4 Likes

thats 2 years in a row now he has had to drop himself because worsfold hasn’t had the balls too.

respect to Myers for making the hard call, and a big FU to worsfold for not

11 Likes

Makes you realise just how little chance there is of guys like Zaka getting dropped.

2 Likes

He may as well rot in the 1s. He’s got nothing of value to teach the VFL guys.

3 Likes

also makes you realise how little chance we have of having any sort of success under worsfold

3 Likes

Hey keep that stuff in the Woosha thread…at least that seems to be what we are being told by others.

1 Like

Concerning that it took Myers himself to drop Myers.

Shows Woosha’s philosophy.

Couldn’t even realise himself that getting rid of the likes of Myers might bring along the development Parish etc.

1 Like

How you folks keep thinking this is really strange.

6 Likes

Woosha can make the tough calls on the kids but not the senior players.

I have my concerns about Wooshas “players driving the club” philosophy.

1 Like

All coaches want to have a proportion of experienced players in a team, ( a balanced list demographic in AFL speak) that generally means old guys, who maybe are approaching their use by date.

Throw a whole lot of kids out there, and you get a rabble like Fark Carlton and some wooden spoons.

5 Likes

There are some lowly clubs that could benefit from having Myers’ leadership on their list next year…

And having said that…I am going to announce my Robinson Crusoe opinion: I haven’t closed the door on keeping Myers on the list in 2020, as depth…I think there is a lot to play out at the end of the year (younger players deemed not good enough, maybe even trade requests who knows?)…Myers’ body still looks good enough to me, and I think a role change could still narrow that gap between his VFL and AFL form. Though he wouldn’t be near the best 22 of course.

We are an ageing list though and unlike Carlton we have a quality core group of between 22-28.

We also have a lot of untried youngsters like Clarke that need more opportunities.

how you are not thinking this is also strange

Couldn’t he follow in Buddha’s footsteps & use his influence in the magoos (the same way he is doing now), without having to be on the senior list in 2020?

Seriously, this guy should quit his AFL career and take up acting. He would make a fantastic Clarke Kent/Superman.

5 Likes

He didn’t drop himself; he was just honest enough to know that he is playing badly and time to get out of the kitchen. Decisions are made by Selectors, not Players.

1 Like

Worsfold treads the razors edge. Last year Myers performed well. after he dropped himself and came back. He has not sustained that form this year

1 Like