#23 David Myers Retyers

Possibly as opposed to rorting the LTI rules to upgrade a player off the rookie list by listing someone who’s not actually badly injured. Except the elevated player in question was Shaun McKernan, so…

4 Likes

Watching the HOOF video on YouTube one thing I do like is him kicking off only 3-4 steps for the set shot

Yep. I think Leroy kicked another long fluke goal from at least 60m out that quarter too and I was wondering maybe we are half a chance here. We got out to a 6 goal lead and lost by 70 points. I think late in the last quarter Reimers belted the ball into the Pies cheer squad which fired them up. Pretty funny.

Lol I’d say that nothing untoward comment (after referencing the saga) from the journalist was short steps, knowing full well that out of all the key players in the drama, Dr Reid is the only one you really shouldn’t ■■■■ with.

Thats basically the photo for every injury update

Caroline and Barrett are salivating at the thought.

Not his first game. Just saying!

Reckon they thought “he’s 7 weeks at least, but it’s Myers-y, so probably 9. We badly need McKernan available Rd1, so we’d better make the LTI call now”. Then Ridley etc got real LTIs, so it didn’t matter, but at the time it seemed the best option to get MCkernan onto the list for Rd1

2 Likes

Didn’t know that, nicknamed him ‘fagiolo’ moons ago, after reading that, I feel justified. :grin:

Point 1) Myers was injured and listed on the LTI list in late Feb

Point 2) Leuey wasnt injured until March. He was still playing well after Myers ruptured the tendon.

Point 3) Given points 1 and 2, the insinuation that we only listed him because we needed SMck in the ruck is total and utter bullshit. In fact, Laverde got injured the same day Leuey did and could have allowed Smck to be promoted. I dunno, Maybe, just maybe, Reidy thought Myers actually would need 8 weeks?

Point 4) that entire article is a bizarrely written, steaming pile of horse manure. It doesnt even justify or even explain the claim that we made a paperwork error. The idiot who asked Beveridge about Minson is clearer thinking than whoever wrote this crap. And anyone on here that assumes that we somehow made an error based on this article is being stupid.

9 Likes

Ohhh reaaaaaallly?

Indeed…

STEP 1: HE SAYS FK YOU
STEP 2: HE FKS YOU
STE…

1 Like

injured?

Oh it was, sorry. I was thinking it was an ANZAC day game, was in fact the second game that year.

HOOFIN TIL THE EARLY MORN

1 Like

While I accept your point, it’s also true that at that stage Leuenberger was the only ruck on the list who had any chance of being ready for Rd 1, perhaps it was risk management around our ruck situation.

But yeah, agreed it’s all a bit of a dubious article, and there’s no evidence any “error” was made.

Did Myers have a sly gig at Dr Reid when he stated the Doc made him miss one year and one week.

My most disliked current 'wobbles player! I want to see Ambrose bury him on ANZAC day.

Hope that Dave can get some form in the VFL and make a run at getting back into the 1sts in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Would be great to see if he can still have an impact for us.

1 Like

This guy could be a huge factor to this years on-field success. Come back David. Don’t get injured and show us all why you where chosen before Henderson, McEvoy, Dangerfield, Rioli, Ebert, Taylor, Rance, Ward, Westoff, Thompson and Taylor ■■■■■■ Walker.

3 Likes