#23 David Myers Retyers

On the steaks!

Looks pretty vein to me.

4 Likes

Margin back to 67 points!

7 Likes

Big tall mid who can shrug tackles and hoof the ball. We missed him big time and people on Sunday will see why

Hope he doesn’t die.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t have been selected.

Let alone played at farking half back.

Worsfold trying to turn us into Essendon 2008 and succeeding with flying colours.

What the ■■■■ are coaches thinking by playing him in the backline?

2 Likes

He was absolutely putrid. If he isn’t playing 60% of his time as a big clereance mid he shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1s. I appreciate it was his first game in a long time but he was a horrible half back 7 years ago and he is a ■■■■■■■ horrible half back now.

Thank god we signed him up for 3 years, can’t wait to see more quality Essington moments from him. Every ingle returning player we’ve brought in has been putrid bar Heppell and Hurley in the last 3 games.

2 Likes

Midfield or nothing.

How the match committee weren’t made aware of this based on past performance staggers me.

And if they were aware and they still played him there anyway then they are stubborn and stupid.

9 Likes

Agreed

We were questioning the validity of that contract when it was offered, I know i said take what melbourne were offering and run. but whatever, should be used to peak essington by now.

2 Likes

Thought I was watching a game from 2010 seeing him line up as a key defender. LOL. Seriously

5 Likes

Rips it up in the VFL in the middle, comes in for Watson, plays in defence.

Is Woosha deliberately sabotaging some of these guys?

5 Likes

I asked the same question early in the season.

2 Likes

To be fair I’d hope the club would be completely cleaned out of people who were there in 2010 by now.

Yeah but in Worsfold’s defence, it’s not like we have an AA defender in the forward line who we can just throw into defence.

6 Likes

Agree with above comments. Cannot understand why not in the midfield, it is not like we have a lot of midfield depth today. Some strange coaching moves today…

1 Like

We already had Hep and BJ in the middle. We’ve got a pretty slow midfield as it is, and adding Myers to the mix, on a long ground, would exacerbate the problem.

Myers needs to add another string to his bow. He’s not good enough to be a full time mid. Very few are, and even the best mids can go forward or back and not be a liability.

We wouldn’t need one if we could have won some centre clearances in the second half. Myer gets it, hoofs it from middle to Hooker, he either marks and goals or provides crumbs for the smalls. Simple.

We were screaming out for a clearance in the last, if not to start the game he should definitely have been in there then.

1 Like