#23 David Myers Retyers

Contracted till end of 2019. Lol.

1 Like

Everyone thought it was madness to give him (of all people) a 3 year deal. He’s only proving people right so far.

Bar that goal I have no idea what he contributes. Surely giving Langford or Mutch or any kid would erve more purpose than watching a 28 year old panic and have no impact.

3 Likes

He was better than Howlett or Stanton.

1 Like

I’d have them all dropped so that’s not saying anything.

1 Like

He’s playing ok… just cannot get his disposal right. Throwing it on the boot too much. That style of game is so 3 years ago.

I think it will come together for him again eventually.

1 Like

He’s had a month, he probably gets another game if he doesn’t improve his output I’d be playing Langford.

Just not good enough to have him STILL blindly kicking ball fwd at this stage of his career.

And even when he has time and space not really delivering it well.

He doesn’t get the footy enough nor doing enough defensively to make up for the turnovers/poor kicks, almost half of his disposals were ineffective.

17 disposals. 1 tackle. 52.9% DE. 4 clangers.

Was in our worst 3 players on ground, and least effective midfielder. Time for Langford to come in.

1 Like

Some of rubbish written about a bloke that has played 4 games after 2 years out is ridiculous. Give the bloke a chance.

10 Likes

He needs to start adding some strings to his bow or he’ll be going the way of Kav/Prismall/etc… He’s okay in a good side but right now he gives us absolutely nothing. 18 touch players need to either run and carry, be damaging by foot/kick goals or pressure. Myers averages 2-3 tackles a game for his career and isn’t a defensive runner, his lack of midfield presence was actually a detriment to us against GWS

1 Like

Yeah.

Give him a chance.

But make him earn it in the 2’s rather than continually gifting poor performances please.

4 Likes

What are his actual strengths and was he displaying them before he was out? The guy has played 80 games in 10 years and never shown anything (much) more than being “just a player.” Given where our list is at I think people are entitled to want to look at a guy like Langford over him.

3 Likes

I would love to see his tackle stats.

Not how many he has made, but how many times he gets tackled.

He seems to get tackled nearly every time he gets the ball. I don’t know if its because he is in the wrong spot or if he calls for the ball at the wrong time or if he has no awareness and moves into congestion or if he is just a bit slow in his movement, but Geez.

2 Likes

Pervert!

6 Likes

I would say he was a 12-22 range performer who was a lock because he was one of our leaders out on the ground. Now we have plenty of leaders in all parts of the ground, and he’s a guy who hasn’t found his touch to place himself back in that same bracket yet. Given he’s now getting more midfield/clearance work I’d back him in a couple more games.
I do wanna see Langford back in the team though and he’s gunning for the role with much greater upside.

I knew somebody would do that.

Wasn’t expecting it to be you though.

good point. When I picture Myers these days - it’s either him hoofing the ball forward, or trying to get rid of it whilst being tackled, or both. Need more of Myers finding space and time to use his kicking to an actual advantage.

Myers last game in 2015.
In the first half;
22 possessions, 7 clearances, 11 contested possessions, 14 kicks, 6 handballs

Bit more than “just a player”
Will he ever get that back? Dunno but if not he’s certainly in the frame to join the list of modern Essendon “could have beens” alongside Winderlich

2 Likes

Fixed.

I’m backing him to do so btw.

AlI know is it’s a one eyed Bomber Supporter.

I probably sounded (and was being) overly harsh by intimating that he’d never done anything on the field. I don’t mean that. But whatever that game was I think it’s fair to say it was out of the ordinary?