#23 David Myers Retyers

Was pretty good today mate…:red_circle::black_circle:️:red_circle::black_circle:

First half was pretty terrible, second half he really stood up. Could see the hoof returning too. A very good game, keep improving pls.

It’s good to see one of our mids playing a good last quarter. He is sloppy with disposal but his body strength helps the midfield.

I thought he was good. I just want to see him do it against a team that is not rubbish.

Great to see him get some good numbers. The quality wasn’t high, but he more than justified his selection. He finished the game strongly too. Something to build on.

In the second half he was in the middle of the stoppages a lot more and he was allowed to play his natural game. When he is in the thick of it he is really good. When he is positioned more outside he really struggles

1 Like

Kicked like someone that got told to use their opposite foot in auskick for the first time.

3 Likes

Is he the equivalent of the cricket player nickyd loved who was only in for leadership?

cos i’ll cop him being in the team if it means we win and he helps morale that much.

1 Like

Has he played in any losing games this year?

Three weeks ago in this thread I gave Myers a hammering. I went a bit stronger than I should have, but much of it was deserved.

Today I saw something something different from him; I saw something of the footballer he could have been, without the long run of injury; something of what he got selected for. His inside work was great, particularly in the last quarter.

He seems to have found himself. I’m really pleased for him, and for the team. I’m looking forward to more of the same from him. Good man, Myers !

3 Likes

Yeah, it was a decent game that got better in the second half.

Still has ■■■■ hands though.

most of those were on the wing I was sitting on. For a guy who has no right foot, he sure as hell runs to get the ball where he is going to have to kick it on his right alot.
those 11 touches were his first 11 and 29% effeciency is very ■■■■■■■ generous by the stats guys.

I’ll wait to see a replay of the second half and see what influence he may have had, but geez with the calls of it was an excellent second half, he’d want to have been zerrett like in his disposal, something I’m not sure he’s capable of.

Two big assets:
Big body inside mid
Huge left peg
Yet was played on the right wing for much of the game and forced onto his non preferred. Little wonder his disposal efficiency was down

I said all week he should come in…

1 Like

4 wins, 3 losses.

Horrible first half followed by an excellent second half. I thought he was huge in the last quarter, really stood up when needed

Just watched the first half replay. He actually was not ‘bad’ and certainly not terrible. It was so obvious after watching the replay and then aligning it with the usual dross in the match day thread that people were just lining up to lay the boot into the bloke- a real mob mentality. Pretty ordinary stuff as usual.

■■■■■■ rapt for the guy that he shoved up a few of the deriders.

#Myers FU.gif

11 Likes

If you haven’t seen it before then you haven’t been playing attention. That was a decent performance, but it was a fair way away from his best football.

“PLaying attention.” :lol: Good one, Bagarse.

1 Like

I don’t know what your issue with me is, but handing out insults for a simple typo? That’s pretty low.

Also, I can assure you that my ■■■■ is trim and terrific.

2 Likes