#23 David Myers Retyers

Can’t argue with stats…

4 Likes

My initial assessment may of been a bit harsh. Was at the game and thought he was terrible, but upon watching the replay not so bad. Still a few questionable disposals stood out, but his ability to hold off a tackler and get a kick away (even if it is a rushed hoof) is important given how we struggle at clearances.

1 Like

Sounds exactly like Richmond and deledio

I find that inside work can never be seen properly at the game. He’s not in the side for his outside work.

People make jokes about elite blocking. Its actually important to have a player or two who can hold their position in a stoppage and the opposition have to manuovere around them rather thsn visa versa.

From my perspective his inside work on tv was deplorable.

Blind kicks forward.

Handpasses through traffic into teammates getting tackled

Seems to have replaced Stanton as #1 BB whipping boy. I dont get it.

I guess a positive is he CAN get better.
Surely this is the most games he’s played in a year/in a row?

This.

7 Likes

For those discussing his handpassing - his handpassing is absolutely terrible which is probably why he doesn’t do it. It’s just a shame his kicking is now poor too.

1 Like

Apparently he was tagging Gibbs who got away from him in the second half - But EFC never tag ?

It was summed up perfectly on the radio today.

His reaction time or first first movement is very slow. Which means his handballs are executed under great stress and his kicks are rushed.

He simply never finds space because he kind off freezes immediately when he gets the ball.

1 Like

I was watching gibbs closely at a few of the stoppages in the last quarter because he was starting to dominate. The throw in hepp won which I think led to the last goal - gibbs was unattended in 5 metres of space. Don’t think Myers was on the ground at that time so can’t blame him for that one.

Does an almighty fend off on Gibbs in the first which leads to Greens goal

2 Likes

fend off was gif worthy

1 Like

Think some people on here are a little harsh. He plays a good role for us through the backline across mid. Not many of our mids can do that.

1 Like

I reckon he only played on Gibbs in the first half

Random thought from this afternoon’s bike ride.

Has Myers had a big injury this year?

Early season finger

Self prostate check?