#23 David Myers Retyers

Oh right.

Thought despite his not great output perhaps he’d had his healthiest season at least.

Game #100 coming up

No way.

A final milestone? Can I get a refund on the flights I just booked?

How the ■■■■ was this guy pick 6?

Pick 3: Chris Masten
Pick 4: Cale Morton
Pick 5: Jarred Grant
Pick 7: Rhys Palmer

20 Likes

How about not trashing blokes who have tried their guts out and got us to finals.

Leave the bloke alone.

He’s a physical specimen. Ravaged by injury and the drugs crap and he stuck with us.

He won some clearances and had the body to shove Fyfe around early when we got our lead.

23 Likes

Worth repeating.

1 Like

Pick 1: Matthew Kreuzer
Pick 10: Patrick Dangerfield
Pick 12: Cyril Rioli

Weird draft.

1 Like

Is it the big fellas 100th game this weekend?

If so, congratulations to him.

But I do appreciate him keeping it quiet due to our record in milestone games.

4 Likes

He’d prob rank pretty high on the most seasons at EFC to reach 100 games. Up there with Winderlich, Dempsey…

Almost singlehandedly won us a game against Sydney few years back playing as a sub. We were down and out and he came on 3rd quarter and won clearance after clearance. That was the game Dempsey marked on 50 and then played-on on the siren.

Let’s hope he fires up just like that again for his 100th.

6 Likes

Dean Wallis cracked his 100th game in his 13th season.

2 Likes

Could be very handy this week with his big body in contested situations. The scg is one ground where he could do some real damage with his left boot.

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of yet another disappointing loss to these ■■■■■■■!!!

1 Like

Everyone on this site has been going ape ■■■■ for 10 years that we didn’t take Rioli. Yet the best player in the league was there at 10!

1 Like

Danger was underage and had committed to finishing School in Geelong… Crows took the punt and he essentially just did PS and commuted his first year. I know it was news at the time but I think it really scared other teams off.

I was very adamant that he would be worth the wait… was always going to be a champion imho.

However I think that we were so success starved that that the club probably needed some instant gratification and hence Myers was selected. It was also believed that the future was ‘big bodied’ midfielders and that is what we went and got.

Big mistake to miss both patty and cyril and can’t wait till all three retire and I never have to think about the 2007 draft ever again. ugghhhh

The more interesting thing about the top end of the 2007 draft is how long those guys got on senior lists - Palmer is still playing with Carlton (but will probably be delisted this year), Grant only just ended his career this week, and both Myers and Masten are contracted through 2019. Good example of commitment bias / anchoring which even the professional list managers suffer from - the under-performing top end draft picks tend to get extra years on senior lists based on their draft position, rather than AFL form.

I think the guy at pick 54 was not bad. I’m not so keen to write off the 07 draft.

1 Like

Just saw Taylor Walker at 75. How did he go that far?