23 days until the trade period...Upgrade of our MIDFIELD!

Josh Caddy

If we do lose Ryder then we have to try and get him to GWS, they have already had some players request to leave and there are plenty of other talented players not getting much of a go. We could orchestrate a win win trade with them pretty easily I would think.

If we do lose Ryder then we have to try and get him to GWS, they have already had some players request to leave and there are plenty of other talented players not getting much of a go. We could orchestrate a win win trade with them pretty easily I would think.

Will Hoskin-Elliott. 

That is all. 

*would never happen in a million years. 

If Ryder goes

Ryder~ Mayes or Rich + 2nd rd pick but they will most likely offer Redden + pick

That’s as good as we are going to get, talk of zorko Rockliff or Hanley is ridiculous.

Throw Ayce Cordy a lifeline if we could get him cheap.

Josh Caddy

someone should have thought of that before

If Ryder goes
Ryder~ Mayes or Rich + 2nd rd pick but they will most likely offer Redden + pick
That's as good as we are going to get, talk of zorko Rockliff or Hanley is ridiculous.

If Ryder is gone and we got offered Redden and pick 4 I'd take that in a heartbeat, I think his a very underrated player redden.
Ayce Cordy has had six years in the system and not even close to getting a game with the dogs who are almost struggling in the ruck,I'd bring back Judd Lalich before this spud.

Friday October 3 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Would absolutely HATE to see Paddy go (he was a pick no.7) - BUT, if he does and it's to the GC, perhaps we could jar:

• Dean Prestia (who was a Pick 9)

Could Brandon Matera play the Motlop type role through high hf into the midfield?

Outside of GC could look to Raines to play the tagger role?

What other midfielder could we look at?
Spot on - what we need, more than any other player, is an inside mid who rack up the clearances and CPs.

It's an area we are weak on and we were exposed in the last quarter, yet again, on Saturday night.

Andrew Miles, has been this player for the Tigers  - a complete unknown from GWS.  Miles is one of the key reasons for the Tiger's run of wins.

If we are to lose Ryder - and I sincerely hope we don't - then a straight swap with Prestia would be help us address our biggest weakness.
Andrew Miles is a complete unknown to me

Hibberd needs go into the midfield. We can afford to move Edwards or Dalgleish to the half backline in replacement.

We really need to build some good depth in midfield.

If Ryder goes
That's as good as we are going to get, talk of zorko Rockliff or Hanley is ridiculous.

Just stop posting and delete all your previous posts and throw away your computer and we'll forget this ever happened.

If Ryder goes

Just stop posting and delete all your previous posts and throw away your computer and we'll forget this ever happened.

Try using the block function captain Grumpy, I'm sure we won't miss each other...
Alternatively, put up your argument so we can hash it out.......just don't have a melt down if I put a comma in the wrong spot okay,,,,

We only need two new players imo

Hard bodied midfielder who gets the ball....and a goal sneak small forward...

The rest we have covered through trying to do the best with the talent we have. 

Trade everyone

MOAR DRAFT PICKS

We only need two new players imo

Hard bodied midfielder who gets the ball....and a goal sneak small forward...

The rest we have covered through trying to do the best with the talent we have. 

More ruck depth.

More tall depth (either end will do, since Hurls/Carlisle are flexible enough to move around to ensure the side is balanced and will perform well at either end)

I'd be very surprised if we didn't take at least two/three talls in this draft/trade period.  Especially if Gregory gets delisted, double-especially if Ryder goes (though I don't think that is likely).  Having Ben Fricking Brown knock us out of a very winnable elimination final cos we had nobody over 190cm to go to him once Fletch/Jake were ruled our isn't something the club will forget for a while I think/hope..

If Ryder goes

I'd want Luenberger and their 1st round pick.  Luey would be surplus to their needs, and we would need another ruck

ND: One big bloke for ruck and another for forward/back coverage.

Rookies: Tippa and Long. Keep Thurlow.

Upgrade:Stein and Ambrose.

Too easy, now go to it DODORO.

If Ryder goes

What is it with you and western bulldog spuds?

If Ryder goes

They're come cheap.
Cordy would only be cheap back up, sit him in the vfl and press the button if needed.

If Ryder goes

They're come cheap.
Cordy would only be cheap back up, sit him in the vfl and press the button if needed.

The only 'button' Ayce Cordy has is labelled 'self-destruct'.

Came across a damning stat last night - Travis Colyer, from only 12 games is our only player in the top 50 for bounces (21 in total).  Chappy is equal 100th for the same stat with 12, that's it.  Just highlights the lack of ball carriers who can break lines in our side.  We move the ball up the field with numbers rather than have those class players who can regularly open the play & this IMHO is why we struggle so much to get consistent effort.  We need all our mids up & about to play that way & when guys get tired there simply is no fluent ball movement.  Speed is a bonus but its running capacity overall & the ability to break /avoid tackles that is most important.  We have too many mids who are easily run off, don't run long enough & lack lateral movement.

Based on ability, trading for Leunberger would be a very good solution. But he's injury prone, and I could see us getting absolutely bent over by that trade, based on the uncertainty of his knee. Obviously as stated, we need someone with pace - last year Matt White was surplus to Tigers needs and has been amazing for Port this year, there could be a similar option this coming trade period, that would be advisable to have an in-depth look at.