#23 Harrison Jones - now 23 til 2024!

He’s the one I’m most looking forward to watching this year. Hope the foot holds up.

Along with about 4 - 5 others.

2 Likes

Can’t wait until he kicks 50 goals without a miss, hopefully round 8 is our home game so we can all see it live.

1 Like

Well the round 5 game is at home, get around him!

1 Like

He’s got all the tricks, including time travel.

1 Like

Well last week the club reported in that article with Josh Mahoney that Jones was due to resume full training at the end of the week.

Not sure if he was referring to last week or this week but looking at Jones today he looks a fair way off it and there appears to be some concern still.

He was doing some jogging around cones in straight line and change of direction but he stopped and pointed to his foot/ankle and lay down on the grass and had one of our high performance guys/physios look at it or work on it for a good 5 minutes. Jones then went inside after that.

Just hope he hasn’t had a setback. He’s too important for us.

2 Likes

He walked past me on the the boundary as he was heading into the rooms and there was a guy near me who asked him when is he going to be back with the group and he said all things well if not Thursday then definitely next week

21 Likes

That’s reassuring mate, cheers!

Let’s hope so :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Think it was just a rolled ankle

They said he tweaked his ankle, so probs just a minor setback from their initial plan of full training thus week.
Although, Essendon players don’t just tweak ankles, so maybe 3 months!?

Jones ankle

5 Likes

Jones Ankle

Harry. Ken Fraser Jones. Old enough to remember Ken. Plays very similar to him. Same number as well.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree, great observation. Great leap and ability to float in from the side to mark. May of our vintage feel the same. Trust Jones can play the whole season and keep healthy.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. He reminds me so much of Ken Fraser with a touch of Max Crow in the way he can float in from the side. I’m very excited about this boy. I reckon he’s going to be a star. Perfect number too.

3 Likes

Better kick than Ken, but cannot teach geography.

1 Like

hint of Hird as well I think.

3 Likes

Has that incredible eye/hand coordination where he instinctively grabs the ball at the highest point of his leap. This makes him significantly better at contested marking than his actual height in cms would suggest.

Agree. Wow, a combination of Hird, Fraser, Crow and just a little Coleman we’re in for a good time.

and if I remember rightly Ken was a lay minister in the Baptist church, which Harrison probably isn’t