#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Is this the worst 4 year recruit on big money in the history of the EFC? Mercuris 5 year deal hurt a lot but at least he was a gun before signing and had extremely unfortunate personal issues to deal with for the majority of the contract which mitigates the decision to sign. Would anyone else want him if we paid his contract out as is the perfect example of a list clogger

?

We have very few ‘extractor’ type midfielders this year. He’s been doing a lot of the in and under work so that the youngsters don’t get smashed to bits.
Will he be in the side much next year? Impossible to tell, but we got him for relatively little so I’d say it has been a success thus far.

If only 2 years on small money I stand corrected. I was under impression we contracted him for 4 on good coin. Can be vfl captain like Skipworth.

As others have said, this guy was needed to get pick 5 in the Carlisle deal. And he was never expected to be a star, has done everything expected imo

He’s a 5-10 game player next year.

Lol 4 year deal

Seems as good a time as any to give this another run.
Comic relief required after last night.

Imo, He’s actually been decent in isolation. Its our overall “gelling” that is light years off the mark. Doesnt have overt flair to make him standout but a serviceable workhorse if we ever start to play with cohesion.

Played good footy in a premiership side. He’s not without ability.

I thought he played a good game.
I’m sure the coaches thought so also.

Is this the worst 4 year recruit on big money in the history of the EFC? Mercuris 5 year deal hurt a lot but at least he was a gun before signing and had extremely unfortunate personal issues to deal with for the majority of the contract which mitigates the decision to sign.
Would anyone else want him if we paid his contract out as is the perfect example of a list clogger

Very useful player to have on a list and has been absolutely vital this year with our entire inside midfield suspended.

Not really sure what people are expecting.

I thought it was 2 years, at mediocre money.
No, I think it's decent to big money. The reason Sydney needed the trade and gave such good terms was cap relief.

If your someone who hss been able to make the Sydney team in the last 7 years and play over 100 games you must be able to plsy football.

Myers literally has played 2 games of footy in 3 years

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I like him but people citing him as this ‘contested footy beast’ we can’t wait to get back, we should just be praying he becomes a player for us. He’s fkn 29 at the end of his next contract

Didn’t he play most of 2014?

Yep. Played 18 games, averaged 21 touches, 4 clearances and 4 tackles. Big upgrade on Bird. And personally, I’d rather Howlett as well. But as others have said, getting Bird was necessary in getting the Carlisle deal over the line. Don’t see him anywhere near best 22 next season…at least I hope not.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I like him but people citing him as this ‘contested footy beast’ we can’t wait to get back, we should just be praying he becomes a player for us. He’s fkn 29 at the end of his next contract

Myers is a better footballer than Bird. By a margin too.

Less durable, as everybody knows, but better. Clearly.

Imagine Bird, Hocking, Howlett, Myers and Watson all together in the midfield in 2017.

Be like watching a game in slow motion.

Imagine Bird, Hocking, Howlett, Myers and Watson all together in the midfield in 2017.

Stants and Hep!

Stants and Hep!

Goddard.

Edit. Oh cr*p, forgot Goddard, thanks Enki.
He can have Ashby’s spot on the HBF.

I thought it was 2 years, at mediocre money.
No, I think it's decent to big money. The reason Sydney needed the trade and gave such good terms was cap relief.

Talk about feathering your nest