#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Seems like a good deal to me, paid next to nothing for him. He will immediately improve the side, and provide a good example to the young recruits.

Averages 4 tackles a game, hard but who can mark a kick.

Definite starting 22

Good addition. Four or five young blokes this year and the same next will have us in a very good position.

Bird, Watson, Myers and Hocking sure make for a big strong bodied midfield (albeit slow)

Bird, Watson, Myers and Hocking sure make for a big strong bodied midfield (albeit slow)

We can get away with this if we’ve got fast outside players (Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell are all slow but surrounded by Smith, Rioili, Hartung, Hill, Poppy)

I’m not sure we have enough outside guys with legit leg speed tbd

Birdie num num
Whenever I see that I think of that great band "Mr Floppy" and then end up with "Darren, where are the yellow pages.... I packed em" going through my head.
I'm like a bird, I only fly away I don't know where my home is, I don't know where my soul is.

Nelly Furtado. She’s a good bird.

Quality album she released with that song also.

I prefer Folklore.

We can get away with this if we’ve got fast outside players (Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell are all slow but surrounded by Smith, Rioili, Hartung, Hill, Poppy)

Colyer and umm…

colyer zach merret?

Colyer, 2 x Merretts, Fantasia, Edwards, Dempsey, McKenna, Long
Cooney still quick enough if he gets up and about

All pretty quick, just need a few of them to develope quickly!

Also Bird isnt slow, no usain bolt but not a plodder

Colyer and umm…

I guess that’s what everyone has been talking about with our lack of leg speed for the last 5 or so years. Zaka? Not overly quick. Cooney? Close to done. Fantasia? Seems to be earmarked as a defender. Not slow. Gleeson? Maybe. Evasive more than fast but still maybe. Jerrett? Not slow. What about Langford and Laverde? Long and McKenna?

Lots of maybes and ifs. No stand out candidates yet.

colyer zach merret?

Zacka, Colyer, Merret, possibly jerret, cooney (if ever fit)
Building
Fanta, gleeson, lav perhaps

Colyer and umm…

I guess that’s what everyone has been talking about with our lack of leg speed for the last 5 or so years. Zaka? Not overly quick. Cooney? Close to done. Fantasia? Seems to be earmarked as a defender. Not slow. Gleeson? Maybe. Evasive more than fast but still maybe. Jerrett? Not slow. What about Langford and Laverde? Long and McKenna?

Lots of maybes and ifs. No stand out candidates yet.

Hardly the only place we've got maybes and ifs. We've certainly picked up quicker guys in the last 3-4 years (Merretts, Gleeson, Fanta, Conor McK). None of them are established yet, but they've all shown a little. We haven't drafted a real clearance mid or a proper tall at all in that time span. We need to.

True. Apart from Daniher. Very true.

Don't fill this thread with Bird crap puns.
What do you do when a bird drops one on your windscreen?

Never go out with her again.

I won’t stick my beak in this thread.

Don't fill this thread with Bird crap puns.
What do you do when a bird drops one on your windscreen?

Never go out with her again.

This thread is fowl!

Who was the last craig we had playing for us? I cant think of one?

Who was the last craig we had playing for us? I cant think of one?
O'Brien?