#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Yeah had a good game on Saturday. Got to remember he’s had a heavily interrupted pre-season, and given the circumstances we are playing under this year, 2016 is really a year for him to get settled into life in Melbourne, at Essendon, with a view to 2017. With a full pre-season under the belt he will be a far better player for us, whether that means he is a walk-up start in the side or not is another matter entirely, but as a depth midfielder I’m more than happy with him rotating through the centre.

Brings his lunch pail to work.

I disagree. I think he's been a good addition.
He has been a good addition, just flipping the bird at all the haters out there.
He has been a good addition, just flipping the bird at all the haters out there.

it’s never as good when you have to explain it…

Played ■■■■■■ well.
Was tough!

Flies under the radar.

Didn’t know he was even in the side but was ■■■■■■ good watching the replay.

Can’t see all of Bird, Hocking and Howlett together in the side in 2017.

Can't see all of Bird, Hocking and Howlett together in the side in 2017.
Bird will fly the coup

He’s contracted until the end of 2017 - not a 4 year deal.

He helped us get rid of Carlisle and land Aaron Francis via the draft.

He’s been solid this season and is providing a hard body in the contest. If Bird playing 16-20 games this year means we have one more mature player out there, and saves us from cooking Parish/Zerrett/Fantasia/Langford, ala Melbourne with all of their failed high picks, then so be it.

Is he a champion? No. He is a serviceable player we picked up to get the Carlisle deal over the line, which helped us get some decent compensation overall.

I think you’ve missed the mark with this one mate.

I thought it was 2 years, at mediocre money.

He’s a decent enough player, around the Howlett level. I think he will do well for us next year.

I don’t see a spot for him if Hocking and Myers are in the team, but as history shows, those guys are often not in the team.

Myers literally has played 2 games of footy in 3 years

He can replace Howlet.

I’d rather Howlett, tbh. That said, tough to judge him this year - new club, minimal support, massively interrupted pre-season, etc.

Bird is doing a decent job in a decimated midfield - Reckon he’s playing more inside than in the past.

Myers literally has played 2 games of footy in 3 years

Didn’t he play most of 2014?