#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Sounds like an older version of Langford

Still think we looked at our best when he played.

Defensive mid.

7 Likes

Bring him back in, probably for Myers.

No idea why he was dropped after the StKilda game.

2 Likes

He is 10x better than Myers or Jobe get him in FFS

Plays out the rest of the year in the 1sts.

Bird was really good today, if anyone needs a rest, he should be brought in.

No, he should be brought in regardless.

Should be replacing Jobe imo Jobe is done.

b-b-b-but he doesn’t have the big left foot!

3 Likes

Has to come in next week. We desperately need a guy who can be defensive around a stoppage, win his own footy and tackles hard.

He is everything we have hoped Howlett would be over the years. Get him in, leave him there and give him a one year deal.

5 Likes

Neither does Myers

2 Likes

Shoukd never if been dropped after the saints game. Bring him back in for Myers or Jobe

1 Like

I reckon Bird has a bit more pace than Myers, Hocking and Jobe. And while it may not mean much in an overall comparison to those guys, it adds to an attribute of our midfield that is lacking. We lack pace on the inside. Bird is not really quick (compared to ‘quick’ players), but he does have average/medium pace (he’s not a plodder/slow) and can exert that extra bit of pressure. He was very solid against the Saints, and our mids looked more balanced.

5 Likes

I thought pre-season the “B” team midfield in the intra-club was the better midfield. He was a key part of that. I’ve been a little staggered that he hasn’t been given more of a shot this year.

2 Likes

Because Myers dropped himself cos he was out of form.
I’m guessing 2 weeks in the vfl he realised he didn’t wanna be there and said he was back in form and the coaches picked him.

Is Birdy contracted for next year?

In terms of the inside mix bird clearly offers something that hepp jobe and Myers do not. He’s just that little bit quicker and more defensively minded at stopagges. Hepp jobe Myers just feels far too same same

4 Likes

Do you remember who was on either team (roughly) ?

Maybe woosha has him working on something in the seconds. Similar to Hartley and Gleeson except their positions don’t have that much depth.

Sorry I was talking about Bird, who came in for Jobe and was more than handy against the saints.