#24 Jordan Houlahan - has been future endeavoured

So once he bulks up and is fit enough he will make it?

Delist.

Austin Lucy. Tyrannosaurus Rex arms.

2 Likes

Yeah, … that’s exactly what I said.

How old are you?

Why get personal?

From 'boot’s sources, which are normally fairly close to people at the club.

Given Paul has (I believe) an official position with the VFL side, if there are issues with Houlahan’s commitment, I certainly wouldn’t expect to see him air that particular dirty laundry in public.

2 Likes

from the little ive seen of him, i can see that. but i was canning Langford a year ago and now i reckon hes tops.

i do remember Jackets was giving him alot of list manager buzzword spin. “hes got alot of upside” “he doesent know how talented he could be” etc.

1 Like

come on Mike, you said we should give him time to develop.

You got me Doe

1 Like

and to be fair you said this above about Langford - not too shabby a call.

You should of went the trifecta and mentioned Parish

Its funny.Saw a few games,and he just never seemed to have any time and space,always with a man on his hammer tackling him.

But just at the end of the season,in a game or two,he started leading better/getting space,and kicked a couple running goals from 50.

Needs size for more confidence,and would like to see him find a way out of a congested area next year… We shouldnt have trouble deciding to delist a pick 48 if there is no improvement by end of 2019.

Poor attitude/laziness was the reason he slipped in the draft, he was rated a lot higher

yet we seem to have trouble delisting selection forty-seven in a rookie draft

Yep, if Long gets the last 3 years, and now another, I think young Houlahan might think himself a tiny bit shafted to have the door shut after one. Hope there’s nobody from certain other threads calling for his head but championing “yoof!” over picking up an experienced 23-26 year old delistee.

FWIW I like Long, but he really doesn’t have the hunger for it as far as I can see. ‘See’ being the operative word of course.

someone, but I can’t remember who - although my impression was they had good sources - suggested that Houlahan, had some “personal issues” that he’d been dealing with, and that the other stuff was understandable in context.

1 Like

Physically underdeveloped 3rd round draft pick has quiet first year playing position where it’s hard to get cheap stats.

Panic ensues

Lets actually give this guy the benefit of the two years we gave when we drafted him and then reassess from there

3 Likes

I reckon that may have been @Jake_Brady_10

1 Like

I think he’s too small to be a marking lead up mid sized forward and too slow to be a Tippa/Raz style small forward.

Games I saw he was very quiet.

Wonder what the club will have him work on in the preseason?

My guess? VFL round 4 2019 “The move to half back has really suited Jordan. He’s very strong above his head and reads the ball well in the air. His kicking is a real weapon too, so it’s great to have him in a position where he can use that more often.”

8 Likes