#24 Nick Bryan - growing luxurious mullets til 2025

He’s gone once his contract is up.

1 Like

We have subbed out our second ruck in the last quarter for the last few games. Bryan getting the same treatment isn’t because of how he played, it’s a tactical move to try to outrun the opposition. I expect him to keep his spot and play 3/4 of most games for the forseable future, unless we use the sub for injury cover which will force us to run tall through to the end.

There’s no warning flags here.

12 Likes

Wouldn’t be banking on Bryan.

Him and Draper got beaten by whoever that Eagles bloke was tonight.

Ok so you meant better than flips worst ever game

I was hoping we would actually pick up Bailey Williams. His dad Paul was a freak on the Mornington Peninsula. Played vfa and numerous local flags.Hardest bloke I ever played against including plenty of well known ex AFL players

Bailey is a better athlete but his old man could play ruck or any key position.

Bailey is looking to come home too hates Perth.

I’m not surprised he gave our two a bath at all

He will be a gun when he fills out only young still

10 Likes

So in other words wsphu

1 Like

As far as job security goes, he’d be well served staying at the Eagles. At least for a few years yet. Naitanui is absolutely cooked and barely ever not injured and there’s not a lot else. That kid they took fairly early in the draft last year, Harry Barnett, may well be a player but he’s going to take time. Williams is basically going to be the man at the Eagles.

I guess if he enjoys winning games of footy he might look around.

Just watched BDB presser and it definitely pricked my ears up when he mentioned that Williams would be on plenty of clubs draft board so maybe we might be into him

5 Likes

What is the point of your first sentence? Stick to the footy.

Bryan was at least competitive in the ruck - he’ll get better with experience. He also held his marks - and he’s a very accurate bullet pass by foot. Keep him in - he’s a definite upgrade on Phillips !

4 Likes

Flip was bad for several weeks man.

1 Like

He does upside better than Phillips.

Nuff said

1 Like

He seemed very slow across the ground

3 Likes

Yes he was

Bryza was roughly on par with most of those games

Of course he can and will improve, hopefully quickly

What are you on about?
Bryan is just getting started.

5 Likes

Bryan will get dropped. This is a 100% guarantee.

Phillips was “managed” not “omitted”, meaning he will come straight back in this week.

One thing that was very noticeable all night was the constant short boundary throw ins. Our rucks didn’t read these as well as Williams who has more knowledge of local conditions and were often caught out of position, it went on all night and we didn’t adjust to the anemic efforts of the boundary chumps.

1 Like

Thought he did ok, I’d leave him in.
10 hit outs from 20 contests (Draper 8 from 41).

Showed a bit around the ground, one really nice contested mark and got hands on a few more. Offered more than Phillips of the last month (and actually has a lot of improvement left in him given his age)

5 Likes

I thought he was pretty poor and unfortunately for him thats the case eveey time he plays. The two things that stand out is his lack of physicality and how slow he is, which i actually think is the biggest issue. He just seems to move across the ground terribly

Did take a nice mark, or two though. Im not very confident in him, but I’d be happy for him to be given until the bye

6 Likes