#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

And will now get to 100 with Essendon :joy:

It’s Neagle all over again.

7 Likes

Is this the first presser we’ve rolled him out for?

Definitely kept him away from it all for most of season.

The difficult questions were always going to come and think he handled it all well today

1 Like

Finally Stringer himself gets to say “playing midfield”.

He did a 1v1 interview with Neroli ‘so hawt’ Meadows a month ago, good insight.

Only thing he’s lacking is belief. Once he gets that, he will destroy teams.

says he’s “really enjoying his footy” and it’s showing on the field

if stringer gets going we could be in for a wild ride.

1 Like

His body-on-body contested marking has been something we have been crying out for. It has been seriously lacking up Forward , as Stewart and Daniher arnt able to do it that well.

I think he’s the perfect fit along side Daniher and Stewart. He’s an incredible contested mark, and fantastic below his knees.

4 Likes

is a natural forward

That contested mark and goal he kicked towards the end of the second qtr was a real steadier and just what was needed.
He is proving value and I am hopeful the best is yet to come - not with individual acts but as an important part of the team.

1 Like

Hide yo kids hide yo wives

6 Likes

Stringer did a press conference…did he finally choose us?

9 Likes

2 Likes

Inside word is he will nominate any day now. Watch this space, in the meantime, shhhh!

1 Like

Loved the interview. Really happy to hear him speak. Not comfortable in front of a microphone but his answers were genuine. It seems Essendon has given him a chance to reset his personal / professional goals and he’s thriving.

Will be great to see him run out with his kids and the fact it’s their first game will have Jake primed for a big one. I’m seeing a 2-3 goal, 20+ possession game.

I’ve noticed in the last 2 games that he’s more assured, more focussed, more comfortable in his role. There’s a growing maturity in his play. Keep it going Jake. We’re strapped in for the long ride.

8 Likes

Great news. His ex misus has apparantly been telling people things about his private life and stuff recently. Alot of it is very extreme. Basically she has alot of grounds to take his kids off him if she wanted too. But hasnt because she knows it will break him as they are his everything.

Just hope he keeps his head right and stays out of trouble.

It was interesting that he noted his kids haven’t been able to come to any of his games this year.

Sounds like still a lot of friction there which she is not helping with / bitter and what not.

2 Likes

Correct. But some of it is Stringers own doing aswell

2 Likes

Whole situation sounds pretty sad to be honest. You could see how emotional it was for him speaking at the end of the interview. Hopefully the kids get to run out with him on Saturday night.

8 Likes