#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

You kept saying “does” - present tense. And never mentioned 2017.

Apology accepted.

I am Stringer. No, l am Stringer. I am Stringer. And so am l, etc.

This is your James hird dressed up as Ozzie Osborne moment.

3 Likes

And I’m Stringer’s wife!

no…wait…

3 Likes

… are there photos of this?

Yes

What made that was the “look again” for about 3 pages after it was pointed out.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Training report - Monday 2018-12-10

Stole Stringer-Guelfi kerfuffle to start today’s training thread.

As there has been a little discussion around Stringer and his performance I thought I would compare his career against our budding young superstar considering they are of the same age and draft year.

I am a huge fan of both players but I was a little surprised to see that Jake has arguably got the chocolates to this stage of their careers. Slightly different players though of course.

Glad we have both players.

3 Likes

Not sure that’s the case. I’d call it pretty much dead square myself, all tolled.

4 Likes

It’s pretty close I would say.

Stringer has a flag so ultimately history will hold him in higher regard even though it is a team award and not an individual accomplishment.

And, without wanting to state the obvious, played in a much better team/system than JoeDan has had the opportunity to. Both guns, one temporarily holstered, the other still getting used to a new slinger.

1 Like

Personally I rate Stringers best individual year higher because it came in a flag year.

He was incredible that year and Dogs would not have won it without him.

1 Like

didnt he get dropped that year?

3 Likes

Not comparable. Totally different players. That’s like comparing Saad and Gleeson. Play in the same part of the ground, have the same general aims, but use different methods of achieving them.

1 Like

Yeah, my memory is fading already.

He was indeed dropped.

He was good the year before he won the flag

1 Like

He was good in the flag year too.

He will be better in 2019

4 Likes