#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Even Irish would have sat back in awe with that party trick!

2 Likes

what’s not to like

taut sash and white shorts

Where are its wings?

Don’t get into a flap about it.

1 Like

Just making sure that I have all my ducks in a row. :duck:

On the day, we were jokingly counting it at around 16

1 Like

It was good, but it wasn’t Courtney Dempsey good, … let’s face it.

17 Likes

I appreciate the close eye you keep on the game but this is really getting ahead of the curve.
Any hints on next weeks lotto numbers?

3 Likes

In 2019, they will need 3 blokes to tackle him

Will be a big difference maker for us this year. The thought of our forward line this year is extremely exciting.

1 Like

I hate these positive articles, they fill me with dread.

3 Likes

Imagine if 2018s first choice of Heppell, Merrett and Myers/Parish centre combo - 5th or 6th best centre clearance differential in the league (i think that’s right) - became the second choice?

1 Like

I know it’s understood that Francis was playing on him yesterday, but it wasn’t like Stringer out marked him, he just seemed to get away from him to the point where Francis wasn’t even in the frame.

The goal mentioned in the article (shrugged a tackle, quick steps and goal from outside the boot from 15m out, it was Ambrose’s tackle he shrugged, not Francis.

Half the time it seemed that the ball was just falling in his lap.

One goal Langford affected a tackle at a centre bounce, won a 50m penalty and then kicked beautiful pass over the man on the mark to Stringer standing alone right in front of the “cage”. Not sure if Francis was on the ground but no-one was on him.

Anyway, Stringer seems to have great instincts as well as his physical talents.

4 Likes

It shows how powerful Stringer is that he’s breaking Paddy Ambrose tackles. Ask Brad Hill what it’s like to be tackled by him, pretty sure he had to be excavated out of the MCG turf…

5 Likes

He wut??

Now that’s exciting!

efFARKNa

1 Like

Stringer, Raz, Walla will be worth going to the footy just to see play together, and to think you have an eventually fit Joe Danniher and Smack crashing packs in the same forwardline, the icing on the cake is Mitch Brown who can lead out to the 50 and is a pretty decent shot from out there. Then there’s Stewart who’s best form is almost elite.

Looking good, cannot even fit baggers in there.

3 Likes

Baggers appeared conspicuous in the highlights from yesterday. Just sayin.

2 Likes

Bags is in the starting 18. Still can’t believe people are underestimating his contribution in the back half of the year.

16 Likes