#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Yeh but it depends who gets the credit will it be - Caracella, Rutten and Murphy…or Dodoro / Forster Knight

I’ll level with everyone something you’ve all harboured suspicions about for many years - I generally have no idea what I’m talking about.

In this case I think I’m near the mark. If we haven’t been getting blokes to the level they need to play at the pointy end consistently for whatever reason, laying the blame at the foot of one person is like saying global warming is the responsibility of your mother in laws flatulence.

Wouldn’t playing a straight bat, be telling it as he sees it?

1 Like

Just dropped a “borderline flying at the minute” in an internal meeting at work. Got a chuckle out of a fellow Dons supporter, the rest of them looked at me strangely. That’s my new catchphrase for 2020, let’s make it a thing!

19 Likes

Let’s see if it Flies, … :smirk:

2 Likes

It’s borderline

2 Likes

Yeah nah, not enough cliche phrases, and sweeping questions under the rug… for mine.

1 Like

I thought straight bat just means don’t bring controversy

Yes. The connotation is blocking it straight back to the bowler (questioner) ie: “Givin’ them nuthin’.”

So what does it mean when someone straight-bats their eyelids?

Mixed signals for one

Even though I knew what was coming, I LOLed out loud.

1 Like

I would think the breakdown to maximise Stringers power/burst and impact on games. 60% forward and 30% midfield 10% rest.
Last year he 75%-78% ground time if he can get his game time to 90% we shall see larger production.

Just say’n

8 Likes

“The God Goal Squad”

7 Likes

Two second round picks this lad cost.

Absoulute ■■■■■■■ steal. Love this bloke.

5 Likes

Love how he has wholeheartedly embraced his responsibilities playing for this club. Can’t ask for more than that.

12 Likes

I think he’s taken on extra to be honest.If he’s near by to a scrap, he’s the first one in to fly the flag. If the team needs a goal to stay in the hunt, he busts his ■■■■ to either set it up, or score it himself.

As much as he does the individual brilliance, he’s now 100% team first. One thing that stood out in 2019 is even if he was quiet, he’d still do things to help the team (chase, tackle, bust packs etc;) which I don’t really think he’d done before.

I still think he’ll produce a season at Essendon which surpasses what he did in 2015.

21 Likes

He is a Bomber now.
He never cried when we played the Dogs.
Not after the way they dumped him.

I had reservations when we bhi but he has become one of my favorites. It seems to me he gives 100% every time he plays, whatever the score is. Thats what I like to see.

5 Likes

Cooked?