#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

We miss him fwd terribly.

As good as he’s been he needs more fwd minutes when Shiel is back. Our fwd line is struggling.

4 Likes

Truck said “we’ve gotta take the good with the bad” about Stringer in his press conference. TBH I would say we are delighted to have Stringer’ s flare and strength and even Dustin Martin stuffs up occasionally

1 Like

Josh Mahoney said Stringer’s contract will be finalised shortly.

5 Likes

He burned team mates on multiple occasions. On the whole wasnt a fan of his game. Flashy, but selfish

2 Likes

if stringers gonna play hsi selfish brand of footy, hed better start kicking those figjam goals

He certainly wants to prove his is worth a 4 year contract.

1 Like

Kicked 3, 2nd for clearances, 3rd for pressure acts, 2nd for score involvements, 3rd for tackles.

Geez you lot are hard to please.

Sure, he’s a bit trigger happy at times, but with our forward line I don’t blame him

23 Likes

When did he speak?

Jon Ralp said it’s incentive based reckon Stringer doesn’t mind as long as he gets a decent wage

Dunno the way I see it is that he could have doubled his output if he wasn’t as trigger happy. Did he contribute, yes, could he have easily contributed more? Yes.

1 Like

I heard it talked about briefly post game on fox footy last night. Was Jon Ralph quoting Mahoney saying that Stringer and Parish should be finalized shortly.

1 Like

Merretts possessions are a lot more damaging than Macrae. Macrae is good for SuperCoach and that’s about it. I’d take Merrett any day of the week.

I don’t mind if Stringer is selfish and takes shots at goal. Him and Walla should have that license. Too often our guys fluff around with it in the forward 50 while other teams make something from nothing.

35 inside 50s in three quarters for one mark, and 4 goals 7. And 29% forward 50 efficiency for the entire game.

2 Likes

If he doubled his output it would have been just about the best game ever played by anyone.

You have to take the good with the not so good with players like Stringer. I’d rather he attempt to do a bit too much sometimes rather than just play it safe all the time.

1 Like

A couple of times a match he needs to lower the eyes and look for a target deep in the 50. At times he is a bit trigger happy, but he is a good kick for goal on the run and has licence to take a shot anywhere in range.

1 Like

To the HS

4 Likes

Which other big signings do we have left? I think Stringer and Parish the only 2 left

Zaka

1 Like

Laverde is a reasonably important one IMO.

11 Likes

People don’t respect Macrae. You look at them head to head and Macrae is the better player.

Wins more contested footy, wins double the clearances and has a higher disposal efficiency and more metres gained.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=6&playerStatus2=A&tid2=8&type=A&pid1=3943&pid2=3800&fid1=S&fid2=S

2 Likes

i wonder how mcrae would go as the number 1 focus,

1 Like

In the first quarter the real package was the merrett, Parish, String combo… Parish extracting, Merrett setting it up, String finishing. More of those three waxing pls… but alternating theire roles throughout the game… you’d have a killer midfield.

5 Likes