#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Chased Martin - yes.
Caught Martin - no.

1 Like

Who are they a pissant in comparison to? Won a flag, made multiple prelims, established an AFLW team.

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

Any club which is not Essendon, Hawthorn or Collingwood is a pissant club

I dunno, he was anybody’s who wanted him at one point.

reckon Enki got it right above

When you drag a pissant club out of the mire it indicates that they “were” a pissant club, and have now had success. How far they take that is up to them.

Point stands though, what had they done prior to that flag winning year when Bevo got them to that flag. SFA.

Dogs are a pissant club.

Not sure how that can be disputed. Recent success doesn’t change that they have been and always be a rabble.

They were going through massive upheavals even when winning this flag.

Poorly run organisation.

4 Likes

How’s North Korea going?

Considering a holiday?

I feel like their 2016 flag was wallpaper over cracking

Having said that…what most of us would do for one random flag…

1 Like

oooooh, you got that edit in just in time… :grin:

1 Like

Yeah…had to acknowledge that at least it’s more than we’ve achieved in 15+ years

Flag - so far appears a fluke, just traded out a top 5 player so less likely this year.

Multiple prelims 2010 and before, barely played finals since then only 2015 lost first one and 2016 flag.

AFLW - charity hand out from the AFL.

Member ship was half ours up until 2017 when the bandwagon supporters jumped on. You’ll see a return to regular pissant numbers in 2018.

They are a pissant charity only surpassed by North and Saints in the pissant status.

2 Likes

Name change?

“The Western Bull ANTS”

2 Likes

Of course the unpopular third ‘option’ is that as freakish at footballing as Jake undoubtedly is, the risk and limitations which terminated his career at the Bulldogs are still ‘in play’ at EFC.

Not the worst thing little Johnny did but up there with Iraq certainly

Pissant Club

1 Like

“Thriving”

They just kicked out their leading All Australian goal kicker for picks 25 and 30.

Pissant club

2 Likes

Bevo has a lot of credits in the bank.

But my gut tells me his time at the Dogs will end in tears.

For someone quite righteous and high and mighty he lacks a lot of courage and prefers manage conflict via the media instead of in person. Stringer, Talia are both evidence of that. I actually think he has tremendous strengths but quite clear weaknesses, which is ok, provided your not heralded as some beacon of moral integrity, which he wrongfully is.

3 Likes

To be fair, most coaches have that experience.

It’s more about how they are viewed afterwards. Bevo will be rightly viewed a legend of that club.