#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Folically experimental environment.

1 Like

What an absolute load of krapp.

Training his aarse off & winning the respect of his new team mates in his first pre-season is all we could ask so far.

Getting a couple of tatts & having a bit of fun with his hair is none of your business & who the faaark are you to judge him anyway!!

6 Likes

How dare you make such gender biased assumptions in this day and age.
Although a pedant in English is still a pedant in French, just with more of an accent.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. I am over 60 and I am still learning English. Some of the finer points were covered in lessons way back when I was bored shitless in primary school.

1 Like

Yes, Hollywood tells us Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

1 Like

I don’t know if there is a worse combination of things than too much money and too much time.

1 Like

Meth and no job would be up there

19 Likes

If you have that problem we can always trade places. I’d be happy to suffer that burden for you

1 Like

As long as Stringer’s hair and tatts do not

• stop him training the way he is meant to
  • get him into trouble away from the club
  • affect how he plays in a match

then how he wants his hair and body to look is his own business.

Each to their own and I can only say what I would do for myself, and I can also say whether I like it or not on someone else. But it’s that person’s business what they decide to do.

If he’s breaking packs, drilling passes or clocking up the goals, we won’t be giving a hoot of a hoot about his hair or tatts.

7 Likes

If he contributes to us holding up our 17th cup I’ll get a ■■■■■■ lion tatt in his honour!

12 Likes

I might skip that and just watch the Lion King instead.

3 Likes

I do have a tendency to get a bit carried away. Yours sounds a better option.

5 Likes

Stringer this year will at times by awesome up forward, but I reckon he will just show glimpses in the middle.

It will be, as the coaches say, a 2-3 year evolution that leads to him turning into hopefully an A grade inside, power mid.

Regardless, he’s gonna make boys like Zerrett,Smith Parish walk a bit taller, and block or clear space to allow our gutsy and skilful mosquito fleet to do their thing.

1 Like

I’m tipping him to kick the first goal with a roost from out side 50.

Stringer is not going to be able to run from contest to contest to accumulate, like some blond version of Tom Mitchell. If we expect him to do that, we will be disappointed. If we kick it to him, he will make a contest of it, and win a lot more than 50/50 whether he is in the forward line or the midfield.

1 Like

A lot of blitz at the moment reminds me of a completely unrelated quote.
“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

We’ve recruited well.
We have a decent team.
The rest is all up in the air.

2 Likes

It’s been dubbed a Butterflion

Stringer has done really well this preseason have you seen his new Mrs?

I see what you mean…

10 Likes

80 goals between em i say

1 Like