#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Still think they bulked him up to much.

Has dropped a yard of pace.

1 Like

I believe he missed

Was at almost all the key contests in the last five minutes tackling, causing a stoppage or extracting the pill.

2 Likes

At some stage he will bust out of a centre bounce like he almost did in last quarter and dob one from 60 and it’ll be awesome

5 Likes

If he keeps playing with the intent that he did on Fri night then he will be a very handy acquisition.

I can’t wait to see him one on one in the forward 50.

Nominated for mark of the week for his effort in a pack down back !

2 Likes

Surely there were better marks than that one.

One day he will do things that will make our heads explode, he is that good. Just needs to find his feet for the next 4-5 games, in a new role playing with a new team.

He is still young.

There is no lid.

2 Likes

Watch him come out against the dogs and make Beverage regret letting him go.

6 Likes

Think he rested on the bench a fair bit, getting used to his midfield role.
when he rests up forward. Will add another string to our forwardline.

He added size and muscle early to the contest. Laid a few hard tackles.
And chased and pressured opposition.
Also had a few handy passes, like the one over the top to Daniher.
And set up the run down the field at tend by getting out to parish who gave it to mcgrath and set up begley goal.

Up til now he’s not been pushing himself aerobically, easy to look clean-skilled and have that little bit of zip if you’re the freshest guy on the field.

1 Like

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not

Really like what I’ve seen from him in that first game, but with also the hopes he’ll build from here. If that’s the worst we’ll get then we’re in for a good time. I like the fact we actually have a player that can shrug a tackle, it sounds silly but even when he gets held up he has that extra second to release and then break us away from a pack. Langford had a good game but he doesn’t have the same body that Stringer has and it’s what Langford should aim to have if he’s to play middle. The goals will come for Stringer, the x-factor will come, but for now if he’s giving us 100%, tackling and winning some clearances then it’s a win. I’m predicting it’ll be about 4 weeks until he’s integrated into our system…but after that, OH MY.

2 Likes

4 weeks to Anzac Day. Script written, Big stage set. Oh My !

4 Likes

Langford has as much chance changing his body shape to Stringer as Green has trying to change his to Joe Daniher.

1 Like

what makes you say that? langford has stacked on weight since he first came here, dont see a reason why he cant put on a few more?

I’m not saying he can’t put on weight. I’m saying his body will never look remotely like Jake Stringer’s. They have completely different skeletal systems

everybody has different skeletal systems

1 Like

That would be the best

A few Dogs fans over at Bigfooty wern’t happy with getting rid of Stringer.