#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

Taking cue from fellow power athlete Ryan Bayley.

2 Likes

Thanks, heā€™s got some work to do, but nothing dire. He slimmed down from that size last pre-season, before the injury. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Itā€™s not exactly between blockbuster Rusty Crowe is it? Or for that matter latter day Rusty where he actually gets fatter for his roles.

1 Like

He may trim down a bit but as anyone who has ever had a good season would say you are perpetually behind the eight ball unless you prepare perfectly in the preseason. You canā€™t miss a beat, would be particularly hard from late 20s too.

That Petracca photo is a great example. We know he can play, but looking at that photo he is clearly setting himself up for another good year. How can you say that with confidence about Stringer, regardless of talent. Itā€™s not about him being ā€œfatā€ (heā€™s not), but he looks completely unprepared for a preseason or season of AFL, of which he is getting (tired argument I know) well over half a mill a year to perform in. He may turn it around but I highly doubt it

Itā€™s embarrassing, a bad example on others and a complete waste of talent.

2 Likes

If Jake was this fit he would be the best ever footballer. He aint ever gonna get that fi.

2 Likes

So, now you are talking skin folds, yep the Tractor is a similar body shape to Jake. Imagine if Jake had skin folds like that through diet and exercise . Jake has not looked like that pretty much ever, but in terms of talent, they are very similar, but it took a long time for Tractor to peak (2021), Jakey had peaked before he ever got to us.

Itā€™s not just the ā€œflukeyā€ goals (the harder I work the more flukier I get)
Itā€™s what he also does off the ball that makes him a very good player.

4 Likes

Heā€™s useless off the ball. Hands on hips stuff.

Or after heā€™s signed a massive extension.

I hope Scott puts him on an uncomfortably short leash. Which rescue dogs are generally on anyway.

That doesnā€™t look promising

Yep. Especially when he shepherds through goals, holds players back so others can get the ball, makes position to drag defenders with him.
Yes useless.

You must watch a different team to me.

6 Likes

FMD, the bloke had an injury interrupted year, like Parish, was rushed back into the side, like Parish and under performed, like Parish. Both could have come back through the 2s to get form, but we had a coach desperate to save his job and a club hierarchy under the pump at all levels. We played them and they didnā€™t reach peakā€¦ no surprises there :slight_smile:

A uninjured fit Stringer is our best player.

5 Likes

hes had an injury interrupted entire career, bet he even kicked his leg on purpose to break it.

Agreed, not the argument. Heā€™s not fit

1 Like

well thats encouraging for the other forwards, that supporters think they have no way of scoring unless stringer is in the side. lets hope scott brings a more positive attitude towards what players can and canā€™t achieve without one player playing or not.

sounds very similar to when people said weā€™d struggle to kick a score when daniher and raz left.

Shepherd yes, block yes - I never said he wasnā€™t fantastic when the ball was near him.

When the ballā€™s not near him - ieā€¦ off the ballā€¦ he switches off.

how many times has this happened in 6 years?

1 Like

Not only watching a different team you have a different version of off the ball. :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Even tho he was unfit i felt at times duing our bad games that he was the only who was busting a gut trying to shift momentum

4 Likes