#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

No matter who he is, there’s a line and if he crosses that then good luck winning a flag especially nowadays

Jake Stringer is the ultimate unreliable player. Misses the clutch shots every single time. He had a difficult shot in the last quarter and went close, but it was still a miss. And after that he was GRINNING!!! He had just missed and thought that was great.

I’ve had enough of him not being available, not being fit when he is available, and stepping down, not up, when we need him.

2 Likes

Has been struggling big time this year. Trying too hard to impose himself on games which more often than not leads to clangers.
I’m not sure where he fits in this year. He’s not fit enough to do what he did as a mid last year and he seems lost forward now we have Litre and HJ as talls.

1 Like

Agree

Waste of time playing him in the last month

Tell him his 2022 season is over and the 2023 pre season starts now for him

We need 2021 version back next year

Yep couldn’t belive he missed you back String 9/10 to kick those

Terrible game. Not fit and tries to do way too much with the ball. Unaccountable selfish footy. Should be dropped.

2 Likes

Will no doubt go down as one of those supreme talents that failed to get the best out of themselves.

Set himself up for great things last year, completely flushed this year down the drain and now has maybe 2-3 years left.

Doesn’t play next year unless he is AFL fit.

He can’t run out a game and we need him to.

1 Like

What’s new mate? His career has been 10 years of this, nothing is changing.

Joke is on us for giving him a 4 year deal.

1 Like

My advice is to just enjoy what highs he still contributes for the next year or two which will still be good fun.

He’s irrelevant to our next flag push and has been a sunk asset for some time. Fortunately we won’t have to rely on him to ever be a fundamental pillar of our list.

3 Likes

Not lazy.

7 tackles and team high 22 pressure acts

Was nowhere near as clean & damaging as he can be. Shoddy kicks inside 50 and shots on goal, in particular in last quarter.

5 Likes

The fact that he’s still looking at a 25 goal season this year despite being putrid, says a bit about how much talent ol’ Jakey is wasting away. Some guys have career best seasons as a pure forward and can’t kick 25.

He owes the club a big year next year. Might be getting close to time to put him on ice for this year, and start preparing for next.

I probably should have used a better expression than ‘put him on ice.’

7 Likes

The out on the full running through 50 in the last was terrible. Had plenty of time to just settle sand nail it. Was a really bad miss

3 Likes

Let’s face it. He’s wasted his career compared to what it could’ve been. Dogs look at jake the same way we look at joe

4 Likes

That actually hurt.

3 Likes

Why do people who complain about contracts always seem to get the details wrong?

1 Like

Might help with the eating??

you’re probably spot on there.

His last qtr was horrible today. He sprayed his kicks everywhere.

1 Like

He’s carrying something - I was told OP. He doesn’t have the explosiveness of last year

3 Likes

about 10 kegs mate thats what hes carrying

6 Likes