#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I thought he interviewed well, and gave clear answers. As for his looking down when answering, turns out the interviewer is only 3ft 5". So it all makes sense.

11 Likes

Admittedly this was before the latest fad for tatts, but a late friend of mine used to say the good thing about tatts was that you knew not to discuss anything which required intelligence if they were visible.

Military and carnies excepted.

Look forward to all of the preseason fluff telling us about his PBs in the time trials.

2 Likes

DILF

Still can’t believe he is actually on our list. 3rd tall wasn’t really a hole on our list but he is just such an elite A-grade match-winning talent you can’t have enough of. Plus there is also the added potential he might help in the midfield.

Hooker Daniher Stewart surrounded by forward/midfield rotations Stringer, Tippa, Raz, Green, Smith. Forward half talent is off the charts! Daniher, Hooker, Stringer and Fantasia gonna kick 200 goals between them.

2 Likes

They’ll all be jogging on the spot if we don’t win the clearances. I hope its been addressed
Ranked 14th in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 15th in Hitouts Per Game
Ranked 12th in Inside 50s Per Game
Ranked 18th in Clearances Per Game

That interview was a massive missed opportunity. Could’ve at least given us a Bush did 9-11.

2 Likes

We won’t need a forward line next year with Stringer banging them through from 60 metres out!

2 Likes

I wonder how the coaches will approach managing him next year.

We saw this year with young kids who weren’t fit enough to play full time mid had to play VFL, and even down there potatoes like Craig Bird got preference a lot of the time. They couldn’t possibly see a way give Langford a starting forward spot and rotate through the midfield. BEgley, Mutch, all struggled for opportunity.

Stringer? Will they have the balls?

Stringer has 4 months to hone his stoppage craft with a number of other players. Presumably the best performing players will gain selection in round 1 after a swot assessment of each, and after woosha reads the blitz “how do we fix the midfield” thread.

2 Likes

It’s only the differentials that matter in those stats

Some teams play a heavy stoppage style, some like to keep the game open

4 Likes

Exactly.

You don’t have to be the best in every category.

Richmond were 6th for contested possessions and 13th for clearances.

Football is now about tactics more than anything and best utilising the players you have.

One interesting thing you can work out from those stats is we had a low number of stoppages in our games overall. If you can find centre clearance vs stoppage clearanc numbers, you can work out we had just about the lowest number of secondary bounces and boundary throw ins in the league. Which tallies with low raw number of clearances.

5 Likes

Nice pick up

And that you would think comes down to us being defensively poor / inability to pressure the opposition enough.

So now we moving towards a much quicker / dynamic midfield and bigger emphasis on defence.

Hawks were not a top clearance team when winning flags!

The lion head gut tatt suggests that he still has a way to go with his off field decision making.

4 Likes

To be expected since being at the Dogs, he is coming from further back.

It’s a tattoo.

Who cares.

1 Like

No issues with tattoos, I have one myself, it is just a really ■■■■ one that will age particularly badly when he stops playing a sport at the elite level and develops a gut.

1 Like

Again, who cares?

Who cares if he regrets it down the track. Does it really affect how we go about our daily lives?

1 Like