#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Despite all the naysayers, he’s just played his third ‘best game for the club’ (port, Geelong, tonight) with strong performances against Adelaide and Collingwood as well.

For the biggest trade bust of the year, he’s doing alright.

5 Likes

Never doubted him people were too early to write him off was always going to take half a season to settle in

There’s a lot of gamesmanship I note from him (checking on his team mates, appreciating them, even advice) that I didn’t expect from a so call selfish player. Is this something new for those that have watched him in the past?

1 Like

How confident do you feel when the ball is kicked to him. He either marks it, halves the contest, or wins the ball again on the ground.

Very rarely beaten.

He’s in form and in front of 90k next week he might just have a nice game

4 Likes

love to watch him play…but can they work on his interview technique? legit sounds like hes gonna cry every time.

I personally think that being dumped by dogs was a shock to the system. Think that has led to him maturing pretty quickly.

1 Like

He is a loose unit. Exactly what this football club needed. He is the type of player that will win you a flag then go on a three week bender ending in a Columbian prison.

28 Likes

The beauty of it is that imho he is still not quite meshing with his team mates. When that finally comes , look out.

Love him!! Backs himself … you know he’s dangerous , he’s very clever with it. Exactly what we’ve lacked for so long.

Best thing was the emotion, and genuine passion he’s starting to have for the club.

When he went and picked Bags up for that tackle that led to his goal, I thought it displayed the actions of a bloke that is becoming a ‘team man’.

18 Likes

Also engages with the fans. I really think he loves the club and is doing everything he can to repay the faith we’ve shown in him when bringing him in

3 Likes

If he wins us a flag, it’s not because he’s a loose unit. It’s because he’s a talented footballer. Remiers was a loose unit. Zantuck was a loose unit.

5 Likes

He was struggling for breath, I reckon.

3 Likes

I like how when Shaw feigned a jab as he is want to do occasionally, Stringer doesn’t even flinch…just glares at him and with the look ….“what…go for it ■■■■…” and Shaw slinks away.

9 Likes

Shaw did that to Walla as well and got no reaction. Flog.

3 Likes

hahaha…yes, he did too.
Those two are not going to flinch lol…

I’ve noticed for most of the year that the umps offer him a degree of leniency not given to others, i.e. when players are tackling him (it’s almost like they know he’ll bust the tackle and are waiting for him to do it) + how far he runs before kicking the ball. Wonder why the umps do that for Jake?

Shaw might want to pick his targets a little better.

2 Likes

Still haven’t scratched the surface with this bloke yet. Get him in the ‘right’ headspace (for him) and look the hell out. There’s some finesse in his game when he’s really confident, not just power.

6 Likes