#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Smith should recommend Paddy Ambrose.

I’m liking the stringer, langford, laverde combo. 3 bigger and stronger bodies, all are dangerous around goals (well except maybe laverde), its spreads the load a bit better and i think it has made a difference having a few more guys that can stand up in tackles.

When you say, “take the kids of him” are you suggesting that he wouldn’t have access or be allowed to have the kids stay with him? It would have to be some serious negligence on his part for that to happen which I doubt given how much he adores them + the fact his parents are on the scene providing care/support.

1 Like

Hopefully he can stay away from Rance’s chin.

True, but she is a very nasty piece of work.

6 Likes

She is. But some of what is being said you couldnt really argue with. All I hope is that he stays focused and keeps playing good footy :slight_smile:

Theres is a range of things. Some of it you could see why, but at the same time - she wouldnt want to do that to her kids either they love their dad.

Wasnt fully explained to me but I’m pretty sure full custody.

I couldn’t see how a footballer could get full custody of their kids and still perform at the highest level. It isn’t a normal full time job.

A lot of footballers get to the end of their careers and acknowledge how their partners have accepted and covered for the ‘selfish’ footballers lifestyle and how they are looking foward to paying them back.

So full custody wouldn’t necessarly be anything other than Jake acknowledging that he isn’t in a position to take that responsibility.

I think the suggestion was that she would get full-custody, meaning he doesn’t get to see them at all.

1 Like

Full-custody does not mean he will not get to see the kids, it means that she will have the sole decision-making with regard to schooling, religion, etc.

5 Likes

I reckon we can keep this talk to the nosey ■■■■■ thread

15 Likes

Exactly.

It looks to me that someone has told Jake to concentrate more on team-acts, like passing to team-mates over taking a shot on goal whenever possible. At the start of the year he looked like he was trying to live up to the ‘x-factor’ tag he has been given, rather than focus on team-oriented acts. The last two weeks, he has been far more active in tackling, sheparding, and giving the ball off and his performance has been better as a result. Hopefully his fitness continues to improve and his form along with it.

4 Likes

blitz: ■■■■■ and moan about details of hirdy private life being leaked by evil, nasty mainstream corporate media, but then goes and posts private ■■■■ about players left right and centre

1 Like

Actually doesnt even mean that. It means that one parent has the kids living with them 100% of the time.

At one stage of my life when it was at its most miserable, a former Mrs Fox had sole custody of our kids, meaning they lived with her all the time, but I still had some access rights for Chritstmas and Birthdays, and if she agreed other times, but strangely I had equal rights in terms of education, religion and health. I also paid a lot of Child Support, which was somewhat fair.

Whatever the situation is with Jake, it gets easier as the emotion dies away from the initial breakup. Kids are usually very resilient and they just go with the flow and leave the angst to their mostly stupid parents. I have seen Jake with his kids, and he really does look like a very loving Dad.

6 Likes

Can’t blame her for being bitter after getting messages from a 17yo that was banging your partner.

Can’t even begin to imagine what I’d be like.

3 Likes

Que Gilmore article in 3, 2, 1

1 Like

hey how about that jake stringer guys… you know the dude who plays football for us? pretty good player of the sport.

Kids are resilient but they carry residual from not having a parent with them while growing up and that “trauma” can have negative implications in their own relationships. As adults there’s also a good chance they’ll resent the parent that “left them” when they were kids. People. Relationships. Kids. Communication. Family. Gee, life can be tough! Thank goodness for footy, the one constant we can rely on (sarcasm :wink:)