#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

At one point he went down the rooms for a bit after he looked like he rolled his ankle
Reckon he got a jab

BETA?

1 Like

20 Likes

The good stuff

Both Stringer and Smith give us unbridled attitude and arrogance. It’s what this club has lacked for 15 years

23 Likes

Jakey crashed into the point post very heavily in the first play of the day. I suspect it shook him up as he barely got a touch in the first quarter. He seemed to be fine after half time.

1 Like

Must make North jealous hahaha

Before the game started, a Sydney player was trying to rough up one of the forwards (may have been Brown) and Stringer walked right up and separated the Swan and moved him on his way. He’s such a team player.

Hope he got through the game relatively unscathed and will be good to go next week.

1 Like

He is a different player than he was at the Doggies. Much more a team player and he loves to play with the Bombers boys. I think he has found his niche.

6 Likes

The boy has become the man

Thanks Bevo

8 Likes

in his best condition of his life, must love skippy’s homecooked meals.

6 Likes

Was looking over the early stuff in the Laverde thread and came across chat about comparisons to Stringer from back in 2016/2017.

I liked saladin’s post and then HAP’s reply about Jake needing to do the work is a thumbs up to the Essendon coaches to get Jake to lift his work rate to play on ball more.

anyway, just sharing

Yep. and I reckon they’re both well aware of that.

I’d love to know his average kms for 2018 vs 2015-17

Suspect it’s up, a lot.

Still has another gear to go to IMO.

1 Like

We really got a gift picking him up. Most (if not all) of us knew that during trade period and the results have been as good, if not better, than you could have hoped for and so quickly.

I know some gave him flak early in the year but I thought he was travelling ok. Wasn’t ready for full time midfield… and may never be. However as a roaming HF, bursts through the middle… he is awesome. The added bonus of the team play aspect the ‘tough guy’ stuff and his renewed passion to hunt the footy… sweet!

I understand why Dogs felt they had to move him on… very much looked like he needed a change of scenery and perhaps all is not well at the kennell… and boy wowee… I am so glad he choose us.

We legit picked up 3 stars for a late first rounder and 2 second rounders… unfriggen believable. No more hypothetical… this is probably the best draft class we have ever had. Lucas and Lloyd were so far out in front, I never thought it would be topped… but we have potentially got another 8 years of these guys ripping it up. Gives me shivers.

8 Likes

Yep. Not as trim as he could/should be as yet, imo. Can get better.

I would destroy you in Monopoly.

Always go Purple and Orange. Houses and Hotels are cheaper than red, yellow and green. Blue is overpriced and should only be used when you are trying to finish your opponent quickly.

Stations are also valuable if you can get all 4. Utilities should be closed down.

1 Like

I reckon stringer started the year slowly then had a really good patch around the GWS match for about 3 or 4 weeks. His last month though (aware he has been hampered) iv’e been watching him closely live and he has been very lazy which has been pretty disappointing because i thought his workrate was beginning to get to a satisfactory level. Still seems to be getting a few magic moments but running to tackle, block space and bring the ball to ground has dropped off significantly. Difficult to see this stuff on tv.

I dont care as much about his workrate as I do about his ability to shepherd. He must have shephered more goals over the line than any other player this year.
Other players with less ability and probably less confidence would try to mark the ball or kick the goal themselves. He seems to get just as much personal satisfaction from shepherding someone elses goal over the line as he does kicking one himself.
He is a dangerous addition to our forward line. And seems to be enjoying it as well.

14 Likes

Best goal line shepherds since the days of Lloyd

5 Likes