#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Yeah he’s done that a lot this year.

And if you have a good start, especially against multiple opponents, exploit the restricted number of houses by NOT using hotels. If the 32 houses run out and you have a disproportionate number of them on the board, you should win.

3 Likes

Yeah, pre injury he was tracking beautifully, building his tank and spending quality time in the midfield. I suspect Jake’s midfield minutes have been cut back to help manage the calf? Now the idea that the 3 S’s surpass the Lloyd and Lucas trade at this early stage is a bit of a stretch. The dynamic duo (with Lloyd being a once in a generation type) were amazing and helped deliver a flag

Growing up you that would happen all the time, don’t see it as much anymore. Watching stringer do this the other day I was wondering why that’s not called blocking the mark?
Is there some special rule for the goal square?

1 Like

The AFL is supportive of anything that allows them to throw to an ad break.

8 Likes

Dont say that too loudly…

2 Likes

He’s seeming a bit banged up of late. Had that calve issue and then was grabbing at his knee during game last week.

Mind you he found a gear when on the end of the awesome running play we had which got him the ball and he hammered it through.

He actually just moved better in the 2nd half generally.

He was probably BOG in the last qtr.

Perhaps he was running off a knock or something

Purple?
Nah - Light Blue, Orange & Red ftw.

I did this to my first wife - we were very young at the time. This was just after I had coerced her to buy all these useless properties and utilities so I had the cash for houses.
She picked up the board and threw it across the lounge.
Didn’t speak to me for a whole day.

2 Likes

Hmmm …Deckham Fox

pffft…he’s an amateur …

2 Likes

Its about making position. They are usually not in position to mark it, not becasue Stringer has blocked their run, but because he has outbodied them.
Its a joy to watch. And I have noticed more of our team shepherding for each other recently.

3 Likes

Good call.
Clearly carrying something in th Sydney game, and the Freo and GC games it was like he was barely out there.

1 Like

He was useless in the Freo and GC games - I’m surprised he held his spot for the Sydney game TBH

Wasn’t he injured or did i miss the joke?

Dingdingding

2 Likes

it’s Friday I’ve had a few. I feel so stupid now.

1 Like

It’s Thursday isn’t it???

2 Likes

It’s Sunday! Don’t tell me you missed the game @Stressed_out?

2 Likes