#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Stringer is at his best when he starts forward then goes into the midfield after a few minutes. Put him as part of the 3rd or even 2nd rotation. But he’s awesome as a forward

Injuries to our key forwards might help explain why he hasn’t been played as much in the guts as he perhaps could have.

3 Likes

Surely it’s the injuries to our tall forwards, along with Stringer’s late season niggles that have forced him to mostly stay deep forward. All our clearance mids are fit and firing, while were desperate for a physical presence in the forwardline.

3 Likes

Stringer and Langford should be a rotation.

3 Likes

The rotation.

8 Likes

Pretty much. Though you wouldn’t mind them in either section of the ground at the same time as they both bring different aspects to the game.

1 Like

Last time against Richmond, we let him go head to Head with Martin. It worked well. Stringer had his best game for the club, Martin had very little impact.

Very true.

It was also one of the worst times I’ve seen our forwardline function

Can’t wait to see him even fitter next year.

He is going to monster sides!

4 Likes

Jake will never get any more fit than he is now.

Why?

Of course he will.
He has already made massive improvements since he arrived.
Another year or two he will be absolutely flying.
Jake arrived not really knowing what fit was.
Lots of improvement left in that boy.

4 Likes

99.9999% pure troll.

2 Likes

Personally I think he is playing too heavy atm, if he drops a few kilos, his running will be better for it. Hopefully we will see his zip return.

1 Like

GAGF

Jake is a great player, and all you jerks under-rate his current fitness. He is what he is, just like Plugger, Gary Ablett Senior and many other champs who look “fat” or unfit but that is just the body they were given.

So again, GAGF

1 Like

Reckon you underrate his current fitness, and many on here just look at body shape.

He was tired at the end of last weeks game, but was still running as hard as anyone, even after stints in the ruck.

Well Maxx, seeing you have politely asked.

I reckon he is very fit. I wateched his game last week and he run all day and had times in the ruck. In the last quarter he was still moving well, in spite of no interchange.

Reckon some of the nuts on here reckon Twiggy was fat; and if you are not old enough to know who Twiggy was, He played for Collingwood.

2 Likes

I do believe bacchus thinks jake is fit

3 Likes

Well. I half expected you to substantiate such a bald statement by posting that " a high level source within the fitness department at the club intimated to me that Jake was supremely fit, could run a marathon, give Bolt a run for his money and could not really be expected to get any fitter "

I have no idea whether he can get any “fitter”, and even that opens up a can of worms as to what is meant by fitness.

Unlike the instant take up of Tippa and Chappie as cult heroes, it has taken some time for Jakey to establish himself in the hearts of Bomber fans.