#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I’m a big fan of Stringer.

Tbh the new recruits in Stringer, Smith, Shiel and Saad have shown more heart and passion for the club in their short time at the club than all the players.

10 Likes

Is a freak.

1 Like

Except hooker. He is all heart

1 Like

I like when he beats his chest like a gorilla

That’s probably the most mature game I’ve seen him play for us. Brought genuine workrate and grunt. Really good signs, as long as he doesn’t give up on the rest of the group.

12 Likes

Maybe he is the midfielder we need…

Has mongrel… hasnt been brainwashed by the Essendon mediocrity machine yet. Suspect other new recruits like Smith have succumbed a little and are saying ‘ah stuff it, why bother if no one else does’

McGrath is someone who looks like he’s mentally strong and doesnt give up easily. Zerrett fought hard but has conceded. Ambrose’s time away from the group has refreshed him. Hurley too, still has some passion. The rest… yeah, not looking great

If he has the mindset to get fit enough he absolutely can be the midfielder we need. Or one of them. He’s not overly crafty as a mid but he has size and pace to impact.

1 Like

Remember Smith was told during preseason…
“Something the coaches keep telling me at the moment is not to do too much work and (to) get others who are in front of me to keep running and chasing, rather than to run past three people to chase, so that I can have an impact on the scoreboard,”
This is what our coaches told a player, you need to tell another player to chase, apparently because they don’t listen to us.

5 Likes

Yup that was a major alarm bell.

1 Like

Make this guy captain.

bad ankle will do that to you

Blight on the other players, and equally our coaches for accepting it.

Watched him run between the arcs chasing a bloke when 2 other players ahead of him gave up. Guys a goer

3 Likes

He’s a lot fitter this year, you can see he has slimmed down considerably from last year. He had a lot of “puppy fat” when he came back from his USA trip last year.

Loving his attitude, was really worried when he limped off I hope he stays healthy.

are the bucket hats back in stock?

I love Smith the bloke is a competitive animal only if the rest of his team mates showed the same we wouldn’t be in this predicament right now

This is the Stringer thread. :laughing:

We are not worthy

3 Likes

Very important tonight even though he didn’t get a heap of it he was very very good when he got it